Will constitutional carry let us carry loaded long guns in our vehicles?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    As in can a person who’s legally allowed to own a firearm now carry a loaded long gun in their car? We probably don’t know yet?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This is getting quickly awfully convoluted...in Indiana, we`ve not needed a permit to carry long arms...has this somehow changed? What`s going on here...?
    IKR.

CCWs in another thread, green cards in another, long guns here...

Maybe the OP is thinking about a DNR rule. :dunno:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    There was a thread around here recently about loaded long guns; I believe it was dnr related rules, which are still rules I guess; I think it had to do with hunting seasons, probably deer, and I’ll just go on to say I guess the only part of my post that is not adding to the speculation of the matter is that there is always at least one long gun loaded condition one in my truck at all times. That part is not speculation.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    As in can a person who’s legally allowed to own a firearm now carry a loaded long gun in their car? We probably don’t know yet?
    So, I am not a lawyer, etc, take what I say with a grain of salt and verify with your own research, but my understanding is:

1) It already was and still is legal to carry a long gun, loaded or unloaded, in a street vehicle, no permit/license required

2) It is illegal to carry a loaded long gun on certain types of off-road vehicles. Some people have been confused by seeing part of that law, and not reading the header to realize that it applied to off-road vehicles (and maybe boats too, I don't remember for sure) but not to cars in general

Top Bottom