Will I regret getting rid of my first (and only) firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    I bought a CZ SP-01 (9mm, safety) and love most everything about it. I've only shot it once (due to a lot of reasons). Anyway, I want to get my LTCH and start carrying and this seems like it'd be a huge PITA to carry. Thing is, it's my first firearm (and the only one I currently have). No way I can swing just getting another one without selling this. Should I sell it or should I just save up for a carry handgun? I *think* I'm just going to keep it save up but I don't know. It's in perfect condition and there's only like 150 rounds through it so right now would be a good time to sell, if I decide to go that route.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well, I'm sure you will get some PMs with offers, but I would say to keep it and save for a carry gun. BTW, what is taking you so long to apply for your LTCH? How long ago did you submit it?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Little known fact: Most firearms are a PIA to carry. It has always been a tradeoff. Ask any LEO about his back problems.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Well, I'm sure you will get some PMs with offers, but I would say to keep it and save for a carry gun. BTW, what is taking you so long to apply for your LTCH? How long ago did you submit it?

I've just been busy paying for school stuff and trying to put all my money towards that. I probably shouldn't even be spending money on an LTCH now but think I should just get it done with.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I learned many years ago.....NO MATTER WHAT.....YOU WILL REGRET SELLING ANY FIREARM!!!! Don't do it, save your pennies for the next one, but don't sell the one you have! You WILL regret it.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Great idea getting your debt paid off, but you may want to consider getting your LTCH as an investment towards your personal protection.

Just something to think about.

Thanks for the advice; yup, this is pretty much why I'm getting it now. After those scumbags shot that Australian kid I figured I should get one (although you can't really defend yourself from an encounter like that).

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Shrug. I bought a Springfield XD service as my first gun in December-ish 2011. I sold it in the spring of 2012 because I decided I didn't like it. I bought a Glock 19 and I'll think I'll keep it even though I want to pick up something else now as a self-reward for finishing my MBA. I do not regret getting rid of the Springfield...

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    You will regret it, but that doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't sell it. I'd perhaps ask around to see if you can try a few other pistols before you get rid if it though; that pistol is a fine EDC, and you may find out that the grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence. I will tell you that a good belt and holster will work wonders, and you'll probably expect to pay more for that than your LTCH is going to cost, so get busy saving!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    That's a super nice firearm. I'd keep it and save for your intended concealed weapon. You'll regret selling that one.

Personally, I have never regretted selling a firearm. But my father taught me well. You never sell a firearm unless a, b, and c are met:
    a) it has 0 sentimental value
    b) you are selling it to replace it with another comparable or better firearm
    c) you do not like the firearm you're thinking of selling

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    My first handgun was a SCCY CPX-1 gen 2 9mm. Do I regret getting rid of it (trading up with it)?
    No.
    If my first handgun had been the CZ SP-01 9mm, would I have regretted getting rid of it?
    More than likely.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I vote for keep it and carry it. CZ is a fine weapon. You might need to find some type of flush fit mags to keep the length in the grip down. With a good belt and some thought about how you dress you would be surprised about what you can carry. I am not a very big guy and I have no problem concealing a full sized 1911 with bull barrel & magwell. Stupid thing weighs over 3 pounds when loaded.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    My first handgun was a Norinco 1911 in .45 ACP. It caused me to love the 1911 platform, but I sold it due to financial reason & eventually got a .38 snub to carry. I have regretted that decision ever since.
    Loved that weapon & wish I still had it. Bought a Rock Island 1911 a while back. Similar to the Norinco, but just not quite the same.

Top Bottom