• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1meanZ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Highland
    I had a crazy ex get a restraining order against me a couple of years ago for no reason other than to make my life miserable. That order expired several months ago. I see nowhere on the Indiana application for handgun license to list this expired restraining order. I was never charged with or convicted of any crime. There was only a box that was checked Brady disqualified. I don't want the ISP to think I am trying to hide something from them. There is a box on the application to check if I'm prohibited by court order to possess a firearm but I am no longer prohibited as the order expired. Is my situation going to throw up a red flag that will deny me being issued a LTCH?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I had a crazy ex get a restraining order against me a couple of years ago for no reason other than to make my life miserable. That order expired several months ago. I see nowhere on the Indiana application for handgun license to list this expired restraining order. I was never charged with or convicted of any crime. There was only a box that was checked Brady disqualified. I don't want the ISP to think I am trying to hide something from them. There is a box on the application to check if I'm prohibited by court order to possess a firearm but I am no longer prohibited as the order expired. Is my situation going to throw up a red flag that will deny me being issued a LTCH?

If you 100% truthful, you can't go wrong. The application needs to be revised and has ambiguous questions, but it sounds like you are OK not checking the boxes. They are going to research your criminal history anyway, so if anything pops up, you will be thoroughly reviewed. The way things are running, if you do everything electronically and pay on line, you should see something in a month, or less. If a significant amount of time passes and you don't see pink, you are in the "further review" pile.

The only people I know of that had problems or were denied was when they had a conviction and didn't list it, either by oversight or intentionally.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    There is a box on the application to check if I'm prohibited by court order to possess a firearm but I am no longer prohibited as the order expired. Is my situation going to throw up a red flag that will deny me being issued a LTCH?

You have asked and then answered your own question.

Top Bottom