• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rbadger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Auburn, IN
    I went to the Ft Wayne gun and knife show this past weekend and it wasn't bad. Prices were about what you expect but there were some honest dealers there selling at pre-panic pricing as well.

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    After battling the long lines and checking out the exhorbitant prices at the last show, I am going to spend my time with my family celebrating St. Patrick's day this weekend. I won't be there but will follow this thread to see how it was. if things start calming down some, I will head back out in May/June at next show.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    The last two weekends, prices have started to come down. Last weekend (Ft. Wayne Show) you could buy .223 at .50 cents a round which still is not at the pre-panic price of .35 to .37 cents a round, but is a lot better than the .75 cents to $1.00 a round we were seeing the last two months. I know ZX Guns had ammo at that price, and it wasn't some off brand, it was brass PMC and Federal. AR rifles have come down, you can actually buy a brand new one for $1000 or slightly less.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I imagine this one will still be very busy. This is judging from the fact that stores are still selling out of guns and ammo. Now, if I had a guarantee of finding decently priced, good shape surplus .50 cal ammo cans, I would go. I have a friend who went last time. He arrived before 6:00am (sat of course) and was less than 25 people from the start of the line.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    And think you are paying to standing in line............. ugh!

To me it's like playing the slot machines. You probably won't win much but if that entertains you then it's no different then me paying to watch a movie for entertainment.

You will pay for parking, gas to get there, admission fee and whatever you buy.(last 1500 I went to I bought some cleaning patches cheap...until you factor in the $15 paid for admission and parking:)).

But if you consider it entertainment and enjoy wandering around the show, then you should go.

For me, I will stick to the smaller local shows. Same stuff, just not as much of it.;)

shells944

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    i just don't feel like waiting for the whole long line AND paying, when the internet always has cheaper prices. i think it's more about the feeling you get when you're around all the guns and the gun culture. but to bother with it every time, for me, isn't worth it.

RCL-Fishers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Fishers
    22 LR

I'm guessing it will be nuts, but I was told by some friends that going around 4 on Saturday, they were able to walk right in. I'm hoping so!

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    i hope there are deals, i will be looking for a 22 plinker rifle, and either a tarus pt1911 or judge. but if i walk away empty handed thats ok, because i have been wanting to go to this show for a while. will be neat to see all the unique stuff.

Armored Saint

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Columbus, Indiana
    I could be wrong, but I think the panic has peaked. People are frustrated with the long lines and prices of guns/ammo. I think some vendors are starting to realize that the sales aren't going like they had hoped with the extreme price gouging. We are on the downhill now for the prices to drop a little. Hopefully the ammo will catch up soon.

vick1

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   1
    Dec 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Flower Patio Show this weekend.

Don't forget there will also be alot of traffic at the Fair Grounds.... Last weekend of Flower/Patio Show.

Rock River

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indy/Morgan county
    I think I'll be skipping this one just because of the traffic and I doubt ammo prices will be pretty. I usually just like wandering around to check out what's new and different. Don't care for the crazy crowds much though.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I'm skipping this one as the lines and lack of descent prices just aren't worth it. I can contact vendors here or visit their shops from time to time and get the same thing without the chaos. Good luck to those who do go!

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I'm only going cause I'll be in town that weekend, and I have never been to the 1500. I'll be going on a Sunday, so hopefully the lines will be less.:D

Top Bottom