Will the ammo shortage really recover soon?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    I received this email this afternoon and feel that I should pass it along to you. Please read and set your course of action.
    I personally would like to see Indiana Legislators do more to protect any Indiana ammunition or gun manufacturers we may have in the state.

Disturbing and dark but it makes sense when you consider the way this administration has operated since 2008. It's all getting worse and the real shame is that what they are trying to do with so-called gun control will not change the reality of violence. Legislation to govern the sane should not be predicated upon what is done by the insane.

Forwarded (without editorializing) for whatever it may be worth.

You may not know this but George Soros owns most of the ammunition manufacturing companies and many arms manufacturers as well. He's selling ONLY to the government right now, per WH & DHS orders. My son works for ATK, who owns just about all the rest of the ammunition companies that Soros doesn't own. He tells me that ATK has been ordered by the federal government to curtail sales of ammunition, primers and powder to the retail market. What you see currently on the shelves is old stock and what's left in the warehouses since the CT shootings and new stock will NOT be appearing anytime soon. ATK and Soros' companies have more than enough government contracts to keep them going for years to come. Like Soros' companies, ATK is a huge defense contractor and they've been told to sell ONLY to the DOD, TSA, FBI, DHS and local/federal law enforcement agencies. This is VERY scary and VERY ominous for what's coming down the pike in the future.

My son has seen the proposed pricing schedule for Federal, CCI, Hornady, Remington, Winchester and several other ammunition manufacturer's lines of ammunition, components, reloading equipment (ATK owns Outers, RCBS, Hoppe and a host of others) and he's flabbergasted! As an example, when the sales of .22 LR bulk ammo resumes, the pricing will be over $50.00 for a 535-round Value Pak! That's nearly a dime-a-shot!! They're also going to raise the prices by 300 - 400% on dies, presses, powder measures and the like. He's in management there at ATK in Salt Lake City and they're NOT happy with it at all! They firmly believe this will basically shut-down the civilian market while leaving the government as the only purchaser of their products. He saw the government pricing for the centerfire ammunition they've been stockpiling and their prices have actually dropped from a year ago so the feds are buying this stuff REAL cheap while we can't even get our hands on it at all!

Something I've always said since Obama came onto the scene in 2008 is that, even if they can't actually ban the weapons themselves, the government will make it nearly impossible for us civilians to feed them with ammo, reloading components and the like. The WH doesn't HAVE to actually ban the guns, as Biden said in one of his many faux pas, foot-in-the-mouth, Freudian slip speeches he's famous for making. " All we have to do is to make it too expensive to use them and the public will eventually give them back to us if we offer an attractive price for these weapons". What's an "attractive price" - a $10.00 Walmart gift card for a $3,000.00 custom hunting rifle? Those were his EXACT words in one of the speeches he gave to the freshman congressmen last week! Remember, Biden was one of the architects of the Clinton gun ban of years ago. I think he's as dangerous to the Second Amendment as Obama is, maybe more so, because he's so stupid and doesn't know the muzzle of a gun from the butt...

Feel free to pass this on so gun owners will be aware of what we're up against. I doubt the NRA can do anything about it, IMHO. La Pierre can get on all the talk shows he's invited to and cry the blues about the assault weapons laws that are forthcoming from the WH but the real crux of the matter will be whether or not we'll ever be able to purchase ammunition (at all) or, if we can, what we'll be paying for it. As an aside, here, I deal a LOT with Midsouth Shooters Supply for my reloading components. Two weeks ago I ordered 500 cases each of .45 Casull, .44 Magnum, .357 Magnum and 9mm Parabellum. I was told everything I had ordered was out-of-stock and no in-stock delivery date was being forecast. They wouldn't even accept a backorder for this stuff! Think the government isn't manipulating it? Think again, my friend...

pjt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    you better believe all of this because it is true, My wife's sister's husband's son-in -laws next door neighbor's first wife's bastard son's second cousin's mother's oldest son heard about it in a truckstop resturant.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    The mention of Soros would make it false, likely a rework of the old email that made its way around about the Freedom Group...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    you better believe all of this because it is true, My wife's sister's husband's son-in -laws next door neighbor's first wife's bastard son's second cousin's mother's oldest son heard about it in a truckstop resturant.

I thought it was your father's, brother's, nephew's, cousin's former roomate.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't believe anything here anymore. Pure and simple hysteria...

LOL George Soros HAAAAAAA!!!! Anytime he's mentioned in a chain email - you know it's for **** stirring the paranoiacs.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I heard George Soros has a license for a automatic checkbook...it automatically writes checks to any liberal cause.

They should ban that.

I quit reading after 3 lines....Soros and owns all ammo companies was too big of a stretch to me. I wouldn't be surpised if he has investments in all ammo compnaies....but thats different than owning them to where he could choose whose sold to.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Completely bull sh@t and people need to calm the fu&k down.

All of this is caused by the American people, plain and simple.

People to remember the scene in Pulp Fiction when Jackson says "b%tch be COOL!!".

Calm down, and wait. This summer might be wasted for a lot of shooters since ammo will be hard to get, but it will come back. Just chill..

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    attachment.php

s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    Well, I appreciate everyone's comments so far. As I indicated, I received this email from another source. However, I believe the recent posts about the amount of ammo that the government is purchasing for so many departments of the government, that I suspect that there may be some truth to this allegation. I don't believe that I am paranoid, but I think that the Obama administration will do any and everything they can to try and stomp on the Second Amendment. Anyway, maybe we should all conserve whatever ammo we have, at least until supplies become available, and be prepared for any possibility. JMHO

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Well, I appreciate everyone's comments so far. As I indicated, I received this email from another source. However, I believe the recent posts about the amount of ammo that the government is purchasing for so many departments of the government, that I suspect that there may be some truth to this allegation. I don't believe that I am paranoid, but I think that the Obama administration will do any and everything they can to try and stomp on the Second Amendment. Anyway, maybe we should all conserve whatever ammo we have, at least until supplies become available, and be prepared for any possibility. JMHO

I'm not sure how to put this w/o offending you, but sometimes there's just no way around it.

Learn to THINK FOR YOURSELF! ;)

The simple fact of the matter is that new ammo IS being made, it IS being sold to the civilian market and a conspiracy of these proportions would be political suicide for a large portion of the government.

Look at how many people have purchased guns since the tragedy at Sandy Hook. Look at how many Democratic senators have decided they will NOT support another AWB. Try to understand that there isn't a reduction in the supply, there is an unprecedented growth in demand! Rumors and hearsay are just there to fan the flames. Don't be a sucker.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    There are rumors that Soros owns the Freedom Group, which ownes Remington, Bushmaster, Marlin, etc. There is a theory he did so to eventualy have control of a large portion of the firearms manufacturing. There is a big difference between theory and fact.

Top Bottom