Will the ammo shortage really recover soon?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    This is very interesting. I was talking to my dad last night and he was telling me about a conversation that he was having with a gun dealer/customer of this. The gun dealer told dad that he is hearing that bullet manufactures are only allowed/licensed to produce a certain number of bullets for the public. He said that all of the ammo that is out now is from licensed amounts pre-CT shooting and this is why there is no ammo now. I found it hard to believe but now sounds like it could be true.

45Guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    For what it is worth., I have a friend insurance and risk management business. All of his clients are manufactures in the firearms industry and he says that this is not true

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Price fixing? Forcing companies to sell their product to the government at reduced price? Licensing a set number of product to be manufactured? This theory is pretty bizarre to say the least.

If this were the case, then what would stop some other company from setting up shop, producing ammo and components, and turning around and selling their products and effectively taking over the market?

There is a HUGE surge in demand, from an industry that was already straining in most areas to keep up with demand. A little panic in Washington about a gun ban, and people rush to the stores, empty shelves, and create more panic. It wasnt an over night emptying of the stocks, It happened in stages. If you look, right now 30 round AR mags arent impossible to find, and at nearly pre-panic pricing. 7.62X39 has started popping back up in some stores, and actually staying on shelves. Things are far from back to normal, but the situation is starting to get better, little by little. In time, we will have forgotten the big panic of '13, adn be focused on the big ammo panic of '17(if we are not diligent in getting a better lot of politicians in office).

Be patient, and calm, and use your head for something other than hanging a rifle sling around, I think it may be cutting off the circulation.

jjreihl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    I was talking to the manager at the local Walmart in South Bend. He told me that the day after the Sandyhook shootings, there were people lined up to buy the ammo first thing in the morning. The first person in line would buy every case of say .45 ammo, then the next person would buy all the 9mm ammo, etc. and purchase as much as they could afford. He said they were sold out in 20 minutes and have not been able to keep anything other than shotgun ammo in stock since. I think the biggest problem is the public buying frenzy.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I was talking to the manager at the local Walmart in South Bend. He told me that the day after the Sandyhook shootings, there were people lined up to buy the ammo first thing in the morning. The first person in line would buy every case of say .45 ammo, then the next person would buy all the 9mm ammo, etc. and purchase as much as they could afford. He said they were sold out in 20 minutes and have not been able to keep anything other than shotgun ammo in stock since. I think the biggest problem is the public buying frenzy.

Just your 2nd post and you're 100% spot-on! :)

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Gander Mountain said "New Tax coming on ammo, will be priced about the same as we're seeing it today. People lining up at 6 to come in at 9 and buy out everything."
    Freedom Firearms "Ammo will be priced where it is today."
    Shooters New Haven "I'm trying to keep ammo prices down, but I'm having problems finding it."
    K&T Guns New Haven "Good luck! No change in pricing and availabilty for a while."
    My boss "You wanna follow the value of all of this metal? Follow the decline of the dollar."

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Indianapolis
    As soon as the price gets high e ought for the people who control it there will be plenty ammo and all the poor suckers who stockpiled and helped them to get the prices up will be sitting on some very over priced ammo

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    The local Wal-Marts get ammo in almost every day, sometimes a bunch of it. Sounds like it is still being made. I am no fan of this government or Soros, but this smells like a hoax.

Top Bottom