• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Driver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I got my 4 year back in November due to the fact that, at the time i wasn't not planing on living in Indiana for that long. Some things have changed since then. I really wish i got my lifetime ltch. I have heard people talk about them doing away with the lifetime. I was wondering if any of you knew how true this rumor is and if so how long until it may happen.

My :twocents: on the matter is that I think that Indiana has too many conservative republicans in the state legislation to let this happen any time soon.

But im new to this and i figured you guys had a better idea about it. :dunno:

ol' trucker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    indianapolis
    I got my 4 year back in November due to the fact that, at the time i wasn't not planing on living in Indiana for that long. Some things have changed since then. I really wish i got my lifetime ltch. I have heard people talk about them doing away with the lifetime. I was wondering if any of you knew how true this rumor is and if so how long until it may happen.

My :twocents: on the matter is that I think that Indiana has too many conservative republicans in the state legislation to let this happen any time soon.

There is no talk about it at this present time. but you know they could start talking about it tomorrow. you know how that goes. but currently there hasn't been any mention of it that I am aware of.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The rumor will never die.

There is nothing in the current Indiana legislative session regarding such an attempt.

We would know about it before it could happen.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I believe the reason they originally started the lifetime ltch was to raise extra funds quickly. Now, they realize they'll lose money in the long run, but there has been no recent talk about this as far as I'm aware.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    As has been said, there is no current talk and it is unlikely it will go away under Mitch Daniels. Again though, doesnt mean it wont happen, just isnt happening right now

Driver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    Well that makes me feel a lot better. We just went into a gun store today in Monrovia (Great little place the prices aren't bad) and the guy there was acting as if it was going to happen next week.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You are good to go. Next time you renew just get the lifetime. And you can now renew 365 days prior to your current license expiring.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Well that makes me feel a lot better. We just went into a gun store today in Monrovia (Great little place the prices aren't bad) and the guy there was acting as if it was going to happen next week.

Go back and tell him there are newer, fresher rumors he could be spreading. :):

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    We just went into a gun store today in Monrovia (Great little place the prices aren't bad) and the guy there was acting as if it was going to happen next week.

My number one rule when visiting gun stores.

NEVER believe any of the gossip that goes on in them.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

While you cannot renew or upgrade your 4 year to a Lifetime LTCH and there is no bill presently in the legislature to remove the Lifetime LTCH, I don't think there's anything that would prevent you from surrendering your LTCH voluntarily and reapplying for the Lifetime. With the electronic application process through L1, you would have it back in a week or two at most. I do recommend calling ISP Firearms Licensing Division and verifying that you can do this before surrendering your LTCH.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I was wondering if any of you knew how true this rumor is and if so how long until it may happen.

As best I can trace this rumor, it stems from a clerk at the Howard County Sheriff's Department who started the rumor so people would quit asking her for applications.

Gun owner jitters (I mean who can really blame them as we are so conditioned to bad news regarding guns) and the power of the Internet did the rest.

zekedageek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Bloomington
    Won't last forever

I got my lifetime LTCH because a local federal agent mentioned, in passing, that "it won't last forever" I thought he made a good point.. That was 3/4 years ago, hasn't happened yet.. :)

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    I believe the reason they originally started the lifetime ltch was to raise extra funds quickly. Now, they realize they'll lose money in the long run, but there has been no recent talk about this as far as I'm aware.

this, but I do think it will eventually go away like the lifetime hunting licenses.:(

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    had my lifetime ltch for 4 years, i think the focus is more on taking your guns, if they take guns away then you cant get one whether you have a license or not

Top Bottom