d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I keep seeing all these medications that have been approved after long testing, then after being on the market a couple years saying they cause cancer, other health issues, .
    This is one of the main reasons I will not take any pharmaceuticals if I can help it. Listen to the damn commercials! The side effects are worse than what the drug is suppose to treat. Add in the fact, when it comes to vaccines, Big Pharma is exempt from ANY wrongdoing, I'll pass.
    Look at the settlements that have been handed out by J&J, Pfizer, etc. over the drugs they've created and covered up, or tried to, the harmful side effects.
    Why in the **** would I trust them creating a safe drug/vaccine now, and in record time

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    This is one of the main reasons I will not take any pharmaceuticals if I can help it. Listen to the damn commercials! The side effects are worse than what the drug is suppose to treat. Add in the fact, when it comes to vaccines, Big Pharma is exempt from ANY wrongdoing, I'll pass.
    Look at the settlements that have been handed out by J&J, Pfizer, etc. over the drugs they've created and covered up, or tried to, the harmful side effects.
    Why in the **** would I trust them creating a safe drug/vaccine now, and in record time

Pretty bold talk.

You have to weigh that against the risk of being exposed to a virus that has a survival rate as low as 98%

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    By law, they have to list every single possible side effect, no matter how low the odds.

That why good doctors look at the data and ignore the commercials (and free pens).

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    By law, they have to list every single possible side effect, no matter how low the odds.

That why good doctors look at the data and ignore the commercials (and free pens).

If I choose to take a shot to protect myself against a deadly virus that only has a 98% or so survival rate, what will be my odds

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If I choose to take a shot to protect myself against a deadly virus that only has a 98% or so survival rate, what will be my odds
    Your analysis is very faulty, probably should go back and take few basic math classes.

Almost 80% of the people who ended up in the hospital were aged 55 and older. About 98% of the people who died were aged 55 and above. Add in all the other medical complications and other issues and the survival rate for people OUTSIDE of the risk groups is probably over 99.5%.

The problems come in with obesity, various lung diseases, hypertension, diabetes (both Type 1 & Type 2), various cancers and several other conditions.

For people who are younger than 55 and have none of the various medical conditions, the risk is pretty minimal. While I gladly took the vaccine (60 + hypertension + immunosuppressed) nobody should feel compelled to take a vaccine.

IVERMECTIN, a cheap generic drug, appears to be showing great results in treating Covid. Metadata is showing it effecting in curing Covid in roughly 80% of the cases. It also can be used as a preventative. It is not currently recommended for use in the USA for treatment of Covid.

Vitamin D, in sufficient doses + taken over a period of time, is shown to reduce chances of getting Covid by 40+% and shown to dramatically reduce the affects of the disease. So simple Vitamin D may be a preventative and a partial cure.

Those who get even mild Covid do risk "long haul" complications, those include serious lung conditions, thickening of the heart wall, both of which can be career ending. There is also a mental fog related to long haul covid. Those conditions may affect 10% of the people who get Covid, even if the Covid was only mild.

All that said, it is pretty easy to argue the following:
    • Healthy people under 55yo should seriously consider ~5000iu of Vitamin D every day and can probably skip the vaccine with very little risk of harm to THEMSELVES
    • Healthy people between 55-65 should seriously consider the vaccine, should seriously consider ~5000iu of Vitamin D every day
    • Unhealthy people of any age (this includes everyone from the fat kid with a candy bar up through serious health issues) should seriously consider the vaccine, should seriously consider ~5000iu of Vitamin D every day
    • Elderly people 65+ years old, of any health condition, should be very concerned and seriously consider taking the vaccine + consider long term Vitamin D therapy

* The dose of Vitamin D is really something to be determined by a blood test. It takes time to build Vitamin D in your system, generally for it to have any effect it should be taken every day and never and probably needs to be taken for 30-45 days before your measurable "D" blood levels are stabilized. Adjust your dose up/down as prescribed by a doctor based on your blood test. If you think you get enough Vitamin D by going out in the SUNSHINE then you are delusional, unless your job is to be a shirtless life guard at the outdoor swimming pool 12 months each year. North Americans are chronically deficient of Vitamin D

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Guess who is in the low risk category?
    Do yourself a big favor and start taking Vitamin D. All members of your family as well. Not low dose like you see in the daily multivitamins. Probably 3000 to 5000iu per day for older teens and adults in your life. Take it daily.

It can not only help you prevent getting Covid, it will dramatically reduce symptoms if you or yours get Covid. That means you may shun it off and therefore not spread it, which helps those of us who are immunocompromised. It also helps your personal health too.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My doctor had me on a D3 supplement before this whole mess. I take 5,000 iu a day.

Part of my weight loss this year was motivated by reducing what risk factors I had (overweight, type 2 diabetes)...of course now having a "normal" BMI, many benefits are seen including a normal A1C and I can see my own junk without a mirror...but that's more of an indicator of progress than a benefit.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Very interesting to read all the passionate back and forth. As others have said, since this has turned political, you can only take everything with a grain of salt.

I'm 35 and in very good health. I'll keep taking my daily multivitamin.

Of the many I've known that have had COVID so far, only one had a serious case (and they have HBP and overweight). They have since recovered.

From what I gather, even if you've had COVID, you still need the vaccine. And even if you get the vaccine - still wear a mask and social distance. So, if there's no "immunity" to COVID, won't you constantly be needing to get vaccine boosters? Seems like this could be a real cash cow!

I'm far from an anti vaxxer, but there is no better defense than building up and maintaining a healthy immune system.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Very interesting to read all the passionate back and forth. As others have said, since this has turned political, you can only take everything with a grain of salt.

I'm 35 and in very good health. I'll keep taking my daily multivitamin.

Of the many I've known that have had COVID so far, only one had a serious case (and they have HBP and overweight). They have since recovered.

From what I gather, even if you've had COVID, you still need the vaccine. And even if you get the vaccine - still wear a mask and social distance. So, if there's no "immunity" to COVID, won't you constantly be needing to get vaccine boosters? Seems like this could be a real cash cow!

I'm far from an anti vaxxer, but there is no better defense than building up and maintaining a healthy immune system.
    There's a lot the powers that be are not prepared to say about future recommendations because, in my opinion, they are afraid that if they telegraph what they anticipate, people will start doing whatever it is before they think its a good idea. However, I do not believe that perpetual mask wear will be a long term position. They won't say that until they are ready to remove the recommendation. We have already seen the CDC revise their recommendations in several contexts. Certainly, not quickly enough for many of us. They have taken the old maxim "err on the side of caution" to new levels, but I believe that is exactly what motivates them.

As for boosters, maybe. We'll see. As for "immunity" I don't know what you mean by "no immunity", but if we define immunity as eliminating any possibility of getting the virus, it really doesn't exist as to any virus. A more accurate term is "resistance". Vaccines have the potential to boost resistance to the point that most people will not contract the disease and those that do will get a much milder version. Getting the disease provides resistance as well, but it is not known for how long. The available vaccines provoke a more robust immune response (antibodies, T cells and B cells) than getting the disease, but that does not necessarily mean that vaccine resistance is better (but maybe it is). This could a situation where "good enough" is "good enough". More isn't always better; sometimes its just more.

I have no issue with people choosing to not get a vaccine. Their choice.

The only thing I object to is misinformation. Do what you want, but I would hope that whatever you do it's based upon something real.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

The only thing I object to is misinformation. Do what you want, but I would hope that whatever you do it's based upon something real.

Agreed. If I were 20-30 years older, I may think differently. But with the minimal impacts in my age range, I'll roll the dice.

Then there are those testing positive for having the antibodies and never showing any symptoms at all...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

What is real? If the government health agencies are politicized, the media are politicized, big pharma is politicized, if dissent is not allowed, just where is this "real" info to be obtained?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, assuming that the opposite of what all those entities say must be the truth certainly isn't real.

If a person is willing, there are sources of good information.

One small example- don't like "big pharma"? Fine. But know that when large studies are conducted, they are conducted by hundreds of physicians and overseen by an Institutional Review Board which approves the manner in which the studies are conducted. Then, the results are published in peer review journals where anyone can examine the raw data beyond the published data to determine if the studies show what is claimed. This is highly simplified, but there are many, many levels to the process and neither the government, nor the drug companies have control of all of these levels.

Can processes be manipulated? Sure, but I would have to see actual evidence of that. Assuming it isn't exactly "based on fact".

As far as "dissent is not allowed", what happens on some social media platforms is disturbing, but I see plenty of dissent and no one that I know of has been hauled off to jail because of speaking out....or posting publicly.

1616099082911.png

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Just another fun side swipe at the vaccine traffickers.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    That means you may shun it off and therefore not spread it,

That is speculation. No one knows if that is true or not; however, my reading suggests it is possible not to have symptoms but still spread it. That is why they still recommend mask and such after so called "vaccination".

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    What is real? If the government health agencies are politicized, the media are politicized, big pharma is politicized, if dissent is not allowed, just where is this "real" info to be obtained?
    Last week I watched a movie called "Crisis". It made me think about this vaccine stuff.

One also can look at the recent headlines about pain meds to see that companies are politically and financially motivated and will sacrifice the end user for personal and corporate gain.

Teflon also comes to mind....I am sure the list is longer than we'd like to hear about.

Bottom line, these are experimental drugs that do not have FDA approval. It is a "take at your own risk" application.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    That is speculation. No one knows if that is true or not; however, my reading suggests it is possible not to have symptoms but still spread it. That is why they still recommend mask and such after so called "vaccination".
    The phrase "shun it off," is to repel it (so you actually never get the infection); not to contract the infection and then not be a spreader of it.

You misread what I wrote.

You also quoted it without context so it could mislead others.

There are serious, double blind medical studies, that clearly show that people who take moderately high doses of Vitamin D, and have built up their Vitamin D levels in their bloodstream over time, actually show some moderate immunity to Covid 19. Therefore they can come in close contact with the disease and not contract it, hence, shunning it off, as their body refuses to accept the disease because of their body's enhanced ability to repel it. Vitamin D is probably the closest thing to a simple miracle as one can easily attain to fight Covid 19.

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    The phrase "shun it off," is to repel it (so you actually never get the infection); not to contract the infection and then not be a spreader of it.

You misread what I wrote.

You also quoted it without context so it could mislead others.

There are serious, double blind medical studies, that clearly show that people who take moderately high doses of Vitamin D, and have built up their Vitamin D levels in their bloodstream over time, actually show some moderate immunity to Covid 19. Therefore they can come in close contact with the disease and not contract it, hence, shunning it off, as their body refuses to accept the disease because of their body's enhanced ability to repel it. Vitamin D is probably the closest thing to a simple miracle as one can easily attain to fight Covid 19.

I was referencing the vaccine, not vitamin d.

To date, no one knows the true impact of the experimental drug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    While the survival rate for Covid is in the neighborhood of 98-99%, you also have to look at the number of people who end up with long term issues from it. I've seen numbers as high as 15%. Those long term problems include heart and lung damage, reproductive issues for men in particular, increased risk for blood clots, and others.

And as a follow up from my previous post after getting the first dose of vaccine. Had some side effects, shoulder is still sore and I felt a little rough the following morning. Not unexpected, as that seems to be fairly common for people who've had Covid.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Gimme C, D, B complex, zinc and silver.
    And if I ever need it, the HCQ that has been shown to work pretty darn good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom