Not open for further replies.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Anybody know what's the latest on the studies to determine whether the various experimental vaccines impede transmission of the virus? The last I saw a couple of days ago was there was evidence to suggest it may be the case. But, I didn't spend a lot of time searching. I was too busy cussing Menards after finding out that one of the glass globes was broken in the packaging for a light fixture I'd already installed.
    Yes it's starting to show what you would expect: that vaccinated people don't replicate much virus. One study shows a 75% reduction in transmission, another shows 90%

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Deleting or changing a reservation is fundamental to a "reservation " system. 25 years in IT here. I doubt it was a technical reason.
    I guess I shouldn't speak to that which I do not know, and I definitely am just at "operator level" for computer tech :)

I just know a lot of people who work for the government tell me they have to use ancient computer technology. I also have seen Indiana's system as far better than our neighboring states where I tried to help family members register, but still not perfect as you would want to see from the customer perspective.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    When the pundits across the world initially said that the vaccines were intended to lessen the symptoms rather than stop the transmission, that gave me pause but not nearly so much as the lack of attention it seemed to gain. About the Israeli studies, the public reaction there has been so negative and the government has been under such pressure... I won't invest any trust in them, no more than I'd trust that government about anything. Well, other than their wanting to be a political power center for global government (in that they have my total confidence). But, that said, all I know about the vaccines impeding transmission to keep those vaccinated from becoming super spreaders... at this point all that I know is that I know I don't know and don't have enough info yet for even a warm fuzzy feeling. But I'm interested. Got to be because I live in a world where as was said In Israel, the stated intent is to use corporations to coerce people into compliance with the agenda put forth by _(_whodunnit?_)_. And if I'm going to be surrounded by people who took the jab I want to know what they've been turned into.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I guess I shouldn't speak to that which I do not know, and I definitely am just at "operator level" for computer tech :)

I just know a lot of people who work for the government tell me they have to use ancient computer technology. I also have seen Indiana's system as far better than our neighboring states where I tried to help family members register, but still not perfect as you would want to see from the customer perspective.
    Nothing directed at you. Dealt with 211 for my wife trying reschedule because of her surgery, so bit of a sore spot with me.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Illinois system was terrible. There was no centralized system to register. Counties were competing with each other and at least, in the beginning, wouldn't vaccinate anyone from outside the county. They also tried to do the whole "1b" group at the same time. I spent quite a bit of time trying to get my 87 yr old parents on various lists and they finally were vaccinated but about 6 weeks later than if they had lived in Indiana.

My 78 yr old uncle was still on a vaccine waiting list last week when he contracted Covid. He's now on a ventilator :(

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    When the pundits across the world initially said that the vaccines were intended to lessen the symptoms rather than stop the transmission, that gave me pause but not nearly so much as the lack of attention it seemed to gain. About the Israeli studies, the public reaction there has been so negative and the government has been under such pressure... I won't invest any trust in them, no more than I'd trust that government about anything. Well, other than their wanting to be a political power center for global government (in that they have my total confidence). But, that said, all I know about the vaccines impeding transmission to keep those vaccinated from becoming super spreaders... at this point all that I know is that I know I don't know and don't have enough info yet for even a warm fuzzy feeling. But I'm interested. Got to be because I live in a world where as was said In Israel, the stated intent is to use corporations to coerce people into compliance with the agenda put forth by _(_whodunnit?_)_. And if I'm going to be surrounded by people who took the jab I want to know what they've been turned into.
    I read your post and reread it to try to understand it. I will never get those few minutes back...

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    So what is the fascination with posts that someone got the vaccine?
    I shared my experience with getting the vaccine simply to help others decide if it was worth the hassle. My wife is not getting the vaccine and that is cool too. I approched it from the perspective of 30 years of mandatory inoculations in the USAF. The more accurate information that we all can share, the better informed decisions that we all can make. In the end, we are just meat popsicles.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Illinois system was terrible. There was no centralized system to register. Counties were competing with each other and at least, in the beginning, wouldn't vaccinate anyone from outside the county. They also tried to do the whole "1b" group at the same time. I spent quite a bit of time trying to get my 87 yr old parents on various lists and they finally were vaccinated but about 6 weeks later than if they had lived in Indiana.

My 78 yr old uncle was still on a vaccine waiting list last week when he contracted Covid. He's now on a ventilator :(
    Sorry to hear about your uncle. Thoughts and prayers on the way. I hope that he will pull through without being disabled in any way. I lost a 78 year old neighbor. He looked like he was going to pull through, but then took a turn for the worse and passed.

I had my second shot at the end of last week and I'm still suffering from side effects. I am slowly feeling better. They didn't tell me that one of the side effects could be swollen lymph nodes. Holy :poop:, it's like I have tennis balls in my armpits. The swelling is beginning to subside, not quick enough though.

MAG58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    I was voulentold in early Jan as part of the first group of Pfizer vaccines because I'm "frontline" whatever that means.

First shot was fine, sore arm, nothing worse than the flu shot.
    Second straight up sucked. Nothing for 12 hours then I felt like a bus hit me for about 3 days. Probably about a week until I was back in fighting shape.

Overall I haven't died yet so that's cool. My cell reception hasn't changed which was a bummer. I honestly didn't care if I got it but if I can avoid bringing it home to my wife and little one, that would be a nice perk.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I shared my experience with getting the vaccine simply to help others decide if it was worth the hassle. My wife is not getting the vaccine and that is cool too. I approched it from the perspective of 30 years of mandatory inoculations in the USAF. The more accurate information that we all can share, the better informed decisions that we all can make. In the end, we are just meat popsicles.
    This is exactly why I pick and choose what they give me now days. I no longer am a GI test tube/petri dish.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany

The two mRNA coronavirus vaccines from Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech prevent 90 percent of infections, according to a new study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The results show strong evidence that the vaccines work against preventing all infections, including asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic infections.

According to the CDC, both vaccines prevented 90 percent of infections two weeks after receiving the second of two doses.

Following a single dose of either vaccine, the participants’ risk of infection with SARS-CoV-2 was reduced by 80 percent two or more weeks after vaccination.

The study looked at 3,950 health care personnel, first responders and other essential workers and required them to self-collect nasal swabs each week for PCR lab testing for 13 straight weeks, regardless of whether they had developed symptoms of illness.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Back to square one. Vaccine isn't working! Again why take it if you can still get it?
    You do realize that 95% effectiveness means 5% ineffectiveness, right?

With tens of millions of people being vaccinated and a very few news reports of infections, we're doing well.

But I get it....scare people. Instill fear.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Back to square one. Vaccine isn't working! Again why take it if you can still get it?
    From the article:
    "I’m [in] the 4.9% that got Moderna and actually got COVID."

So she got sick, but just a stuffy nose, and some body aches. Sounds to me like it's working.

Weren't people already to ignore the .3% (or whatever) that will statistically die from COVID?
    Now you're worried about the 4.9% that will feel bad for a couple of days?

So, to answer your question, "why take it if you can still get it?" The answer is so you don't have a severe illness from it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom