JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    From the article:

A) That was a long time ago (my, how times flies)
    B) Only 15% refused. That's less than gen pop.

Care to guess how that 15% breaks down over education level? I can't find the survey data, but it's not hard to guess.

EDIT: Found the study: https://surgoventures.org/resource-library/survey-healthcare-workers-and-vaccine-hesitancy
    Please explain how education level influences someone's decision.
    This would be easy to Strawman but I'm trying not to be a hypocrite . :cool:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    JK is an expert at debating a strawman.
    Yes, it could be said implied that I'm not educated enough to choose the vaccine although I had 2 years of college and a 4 year apprenticeship. I made a good living for myself and my family and didn't have to kiss anybody's ass to do it. But I'm sure JK wouldn't think that way. :cool:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I could not find the data broken down specifically by occupation within the healthcare field. I'd be very interested to see that. A pretty significant portion of healthcare workers have virtually zero scientific background.
    They seem to have opinions on science though. :):

:stickpoke:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Now there is a pretty silly statement without any qualification.
    Do you think every person in a hospital, doctors office or pharmacy has even an interest in science, let alone any sort of formal OR informal education? If you really need some supporting literature, I'm sure I can round some up for you.

A lot of positions in healthcare are technical or "unskilled." Not my word choice, but that's how it is referred to in the industry with some frequency.

Even nurses, as important and educated as they are, would not by definition have a deep science background. Some do, some don't, depending on their personal interests and the path they took to nursing.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Do you think every person in a hospital, doctors office or pharmacy has even an interest in science, let alone any sort of formal OR informal education? If you really need some supporting literature, I'm sure I can round some up for you.
    I guess I don't know as much as you do about it, so sure, send some literature.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Yes, already took it, as well as, our close relatives. The inoculation has allowed us to pick up our grandchildren, help them do their homework and watch them until their parents pick them up after work. It not only allows the parents to save money, it allows us grandparents to bond and instill values. I'm old enough to remember polio. When in the military, I was inoculated with every vaccine known to man, especially before shipping overseas. I'm sure that in those olden days, there wasn't nearly the science available to test vaccines.

jooky52198

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Nope!! Absolutely no need to. Will be variants and will be as effective as the flu vaccine in coming years, which is roughly 20%. And I have antibodies for over a year, verified from donated convalescent plasma so why do I need a vaccine??

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

A lot of positions in healthcare are technical or "unskilled." Not my word choice, but that's how it is referred to in the industry with some frequency.

Even nurses, as important and educated as they are, would not by definition have a deep science background. Some do, some don't, depending on their personal interests and the path they took to nursing.
    Don't forget about all the others in IT, HR, finance, food service, janitorial, maintenance... all lumped into that group.

Please explain how education level influences someone's decision.
    This would be easy to Strawman but I'm trying not to be a hypocrite . :cool:
    I'm not sure if you're serious - are you really asking if a person's knowledge on a particular subject influence their decisions about that same subject?

Yes, it could be said implied that I'm not educated enough to choose the vaccine although I had 2 years of college and a 4 year apprenticeship. I made a good living for myself and my family and didn't have to kiss anybody's ass to do it. But I'm sure JK wouldn't think that way. :cool:
    OK, now I know you're not serious and just want to make ad hominem attacks.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I guess this depends on some definitions like what is a healthcare worker.
    If you are a bean-counter that happens to work for a healthcare facility, does that make you a healthcare worker or a financial-care worker?
    Then replace "bean-counter" with all the other occupations that do not do healthcare. Are you calling all these people healthcare workers just because they work in the same building that houses healthcare?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    If you are a bean-counter that happens to work for a healthcare facility, does that make you a healthcare worker or a financial-care worker?
    Then replace "bean-counter" with all the other occupations that do not do healthcare. Are you calling all these people healthcare workers just because they work in the same building that houses healthcare?
    Yes, they are classified as healthcare. The lady that does the billing for the office my wife works for is classified as healthcare, she works from home. She also takes every opportunity to tell people she is a healthcare worker. I drives my wife crazy.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Look at table 1 in the study.

You'll see "Health care workers recruited for the study" is broken down into three categories, one being "Administrative staff, custodial staff, dining staff."

In general, and specifically to what we're talking about here (a study on vax acceptance by healthcare workers), yes, those people are classified as healthcare workers.

EDIT: Table 3 is more clear about all the different jobs: Don't forget the lady running the cash register at the gift shop! :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom