Not open for further replies.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Yeah, I'm kinda pissed at my friend - she could be alive today if it wasn't for her decision. :(

I don't know why she hesitated, be it all the stupid memes, or the nonsense scare tactics, but she ignored the immediate threat (she was in a high risk category) and I guess was more concerned about the complete unknowns instead of the quantifiable knowns.
    Damn I agree with you on this. Where can a person find a good bow tie these days?

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    CDC to Convene Emergency Meeting on 226 Reports of Heart Inflammation After COVID Vaccine in People Under 30 | 11 June 2021 | The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced Thursday it will convene an emergency meeting of its advisers on June 18 to discuss higher-than-expected reports of heart inflammation following doses of Pfizer and Moderna COVID vaccines, CBS News reported. According to the CDC, a total of 475 cases of myocarditis or pericarditis were recorded in patients 30 and younger. The CDC identified 226 reports that might meet the agency's "working case definition" of myocarditis and pericarditis following the shots, the agency disclosed Thursday during an FDA hearing.

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    CDC Admits Teens Vaccinated With Pfizer or Moderna at Higher Risk of Heart Inflammation --In guidance quietly updated June 1, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said there is a higher-than-expected number of cases of myocarditis among young teens after the second dose of an mRNA COVID vaccine. | 10 June 2021 | As CNN reported Wednesday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) advisory committee now acknowledges a higher-than-expected number of cases of heart inflammation among 16- to 24-year-olds who recently received a second dose of the Pfizer and Moderna COVID vaccines. Based on a May 24 report from the CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Technical Work Group (VaST), the CDC on June 1 updated its website with the following language: "Data from VAERS [Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System] show that in the 30-day window following dose 2 mRNA COVID-19 vaccination, there was a higher number of observed than expected myocarditis/pericarditis cases in 16-24-year-olds.”

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Yeah, I'm kinda pissed at my friend - she could be alive today if it wasn't for her decision. :(

I don't know why she hesitated, be it all the stupid memes, or the nonsense scare tactics, but she ignored the immediate threat (she was in a high risk category) and I guess was more concerned about the complete unknowns instead of the quantifiable knowns.
    When you get down to the individual level, there is not much for knowns and even less quantifiable knowns. This does make for a tougher decision for individuals. I am very sorry to hear of her death.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sorry to hear about your friends death.

But since you are using her death to pontificate let's look at the details. Will this death be totaled in the column of the 6% the CDC now admits are truly covid deaths, without major comorbidities? How on earth do you know she would be alive if she had been vaccinated? Just an assumption.

As to the sheep comment, why do we even use the term sheep? Because they can be led. What you call "homework" I call advertising from vested parties, the vaccines are still experimental, have not been studied by independent sources, and have no long term testing done. Then we couple that with the fact that NO ONE is allowed to publish a negative thought, enforced by the politically aligned media, how in the heck could one even do "homework"? I call that being led if independent thought and testing are not part of the equation...

I am happy you are free to make your own decisions, I am thrilled that unselfish folks like Hough volunteer to test drugs. But make no mistake about it, at this point those who have taken the vaccine are every bit as much a test volunteer as he...
    Oh geez. You guys can read, eh?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No. Everyone in the study had to have never had COVID so that any resistance they measured was from the vaccine. In addition to tracking who got the virus after the shots, they took blood on a regular basis to measure immune response. The study is about 30 months in total, but my next appointment isn't until January.

I also have to (well, should) fill out a questionnaire on an app every day as to my temperature and whether I have any symptoms.
    I hope they do a study to make sure that people who had or have covid don’t grow a pinkie out of a kneecap after being vaccinated with it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Whether stupid or not, it’s her decision. It’s not your place to be angry about what she chose. She was her own person. And people choose the wrong thing all the time.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Whether stupid or not, it’s her decision. It’s not your place to be angry about what she chose. She was her own person. And people choose the wrong thing all the time.
    It's OK to be angry with a person about a self-destructive choice that person has made. It's also OK to be angry with a person who has died, whether that person was at fault or not.

That's simply grief. And it's definitely a friend's place to grieve at a loss.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I work in health care and it came down to “get the vaccine or get fired”. Science aside, the government and/or institutions mandating I physically take something scares me. Especially when it’s clear they don’t care about me but they reason some form of “for the good of all mankind”. Governments have used that reasoning to manipulate the masses all throughout history and whenever I hear some version of it coined my initial reaction is to resist.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Passports aren’t needed if you are building a database....

from the California website
    “All Californians who have had at least one COVID-19 dose will automatically be entered.”

Makes you wonder who else is doing this since the anti passport language was very specific

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom