• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Foxxwoof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Battle Ground
    Could use some help guys. I just bought a Savage MKII FVT used. The FVT uses Williams aperture and globe sights front and back. Unfortunately being used it only came with one front sight insert.

I've measured the insert I have and it comes in at 17mm. The Large Lyman/Anschutz measure in at 17.1mm according to brownells. Does anybody know if they are interchangeable. If they are then replacements from Lee Shaver or Shooter's Supply won't be too hard to come by.

Rule #1: Pic for clicks...
    7917195568_1be008dce0_b.jpg

Last edited:

Foxxwoof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Battle Ground
    Why not just call Williams Sights and get the Williams inserts?

Well actually I've got a message in with them, but haven't heard anything in 48 hrs. Probably due to the holiday I understand that. I was just hoping somebody here had some experience while I'm waiting.

But if they are the same as the Anschutz inserts then I can upgrade and get a set of the clear acrylic inserts and/or the some of the thinner profiled LeeShaver sights while I'm replacing what I'm missing.

images

Foxxwoof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Battle Ground
    I have called Williams Gun Sights 9+ times in the last 2 days and left at least 3 messages to try and get some new inserts. I'm getting a little perturbed with them. I don't know if the sales guy whom's extention they gave me took off for vacation due to the holiday and didn't tell anybody, but it shouldn't be this hard to sell me something! :facepalm:

Foxxwoof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Battle Ground
    Finally got a call from Williams this morning. It took them since Saturday (6 days to call me back), but I got a sight card ordered.

While I was on the phone with their tech, I asked about interchangeability with Lyman/Anshutz sights and of course got not a no, but a not that I'm aware of response. I think I might order a couple of single sights from Champion Shooters and see if they fit.

Top Bottom