• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kveldulf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Tippecanoe County
    I was wondering if anyone has had any experience hunting squirrels and rabbits at either Willow Slough or Winamac. Does anyone have any preferences between the two? Is it too crowded? Any other input/advice/tips/tricks? I normally go out to my grandpa's to hunt, but he's about 3 times as far away as any of those parks; he has also left for Florida for 6 months so that removes a huge incentive to go out there.

matt4shadow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Hobart
    I go to Willow Slough and it is usually not crowded. I get there early and never have seen more than 5 hunters for small game. I stay on their trails and shoot as I see them. You can easily get your bag limit if you go early morning (squirrels). Worth the trip. I also look to see were the deer hunters are and try to stay out of their way.

Kveldulf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Tippecanoe County
    Where are you allowed to hunt there? I don't see any specific designations on their map, but I do see "safe zones" labeled. Does that mean you can hunt anywhere outside of those safe zones that's not across a road?

matt4shadow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Hobart
    Where are you allowed to hunt there? I don't see any specific designations on their map, but I do see "safe zones" labeled. Does that mean you can hunt anywhere outside of those safe zones that's not across a road?

Yes everything is fair game except safety zones. Dogs are allowed in area 9 I believe.

Google Earth the area to see the terrain.

Top Bottom