Willy Graham. The other side of the coin.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    He is searching for God....He keeps coming back....He ain't hanging in a Richard Dawkins "Ancient Astronauts seeded the Earth" forum.....He's hanging with us and I welcome that...

IMHO

atheism%2Bmeme%2Bi.jpg

John Lennox is one of my favorite speakers...smart, respectful & ornery!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm broadly with itchy & PaulF ... I'm a skeptic of all "faith" (including in gov't), but I'm not one to belittle individuals for their faith, only for any attempts to force their views upon another. That said, Billy Graham -- be he scourge or saint, or somewhere in between -- did NOT deserve this Capitol Rotunda viewing. That honor has always been reserved for persons advancing or sacrificing for our governance (elected officials and lives lost in gov't service), with one outlier for the secular, constitutional matter of civil rights (Rosa Parks). Graham was NOT relevant in such matters. I view this as a further example of the decaying standards of civil protocol (yes, I see those everywhere).

I wouldn't have had any objections to the National Cathedral, mind you ... why else do we HAVE a National Cathedral if not for someone like Graham?

I would agree with this for different reasons, not because he is unworthy of the level of acclaim. To me, it smacks too much of Lenin's Mausoleum, too much about the empty shell

The last thing Mr Graham would have wanted would to be turned into a modern day golden calf

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You might re-read that thread. I don't think Itchy said anything about the people calling him names. I think he mostly ignored them? I could be wrong... because there certainly were a lot of people calling him names.

Not I.....I see in his posts my own doubts from 25 years ago....He is curious and I am not going to turn away from that....

Vespasianus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2017
    Columbus
    Sigh. Fairly new to INGO, haven't played here much since settling into state, and my normal cut & paste doesn't seem to be working ... only the background code shows :-(

What am I doing wrong hereabouts in getting an image to appear?

I'll surrender this meme war bout to figure this out ...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Sigh. Fairly new to INGO, haven't played here much since settling into state, and my normal cut & paste doesn't seem to be working ... only the background code shows :-(

You have to use a hosting site.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

So you didn't break the Bible Code???:)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Waging a meme war without being prepared... I've seen many young meme warriors die far too early for this mistake.

Don't bother with the forum image uploads. Use a third party like imgur, then toss the direct link into

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    You might re-read that thread. I don't think Itchy said anything about the people calling him names. I think he mostly ignored them? I could be wrong... because there certainly were a lot of people calling him names.

That's how I remember it too.

Top Bottom