WTS: Wilson Combat 1911 - Thunder Ranch Special - very limited run collector /shooter

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbovia

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Plainfield
    ***PICS ADDED***

Hello Single Stack Shooters!!!

So I have one of the 50 produced Wilson Combat Thunder Ranch Special 1911's in 45ACP. This pretty girl was owned by a family member that has passed, and as much as I would hate to lose her because of the sentimental value, I have other things that I want to do right now and the value of this piece can make that happen.

She comes in the original Wilson rug with 2 mags, the original TR logo grips (off the gun and bagged), the original benchrest test fire target signed by the gunsmiths and final inspector, the Thunder Ranch booklet, and an unpriced invoice from the FFL that likely worked the transfer and/or sale.

Please keep in mind that this was a limited run (serial number TR000xx) firearm. She was built on a Caspian frame, and is just sooo good looking. Everything is super tight as a 1911 of this quality should be.

Ok, here comes the sticker shock. Remember that this is a collector piece, but has been fired some. I put 4 mags through it myself before putting her back up.

For sale $5,000 OBO. I have some room in this, so the price is negotiable somewhat, but please don't go crazy. Lowballers need not apply.

I'm considering using RIA since this is such an amazing and limited edition piece, but with the listing fees and such, I figured that it would make sense to try a local transaction first.

Serious buyers only. I have no interest in letting this go for any less, but the right "in the ball park" offer might do it.

No takers? Then it can just go back in the safe until I decide to shoot her again or find the right buyer.

- Please only PM me.
    - Do not add a note to the listing.
    - I will bump for a few days just to make sure everyone see's the listing, but then it gets closed.

Disclaimer: Yes, there will be a signed bill of sale and we will need to exchange the usual info (ID/LTCH). I can go through my local FFL if you want it shipped, or just want that paperwork. I'll cover the FFL charge and shipping on my end, and you'll need to cover any costs on your end of the transfer. Cashiers Check or Personal Check will need to clear my bank before I ship. I'm sure you understand why.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
    Top Bottom