• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Seriously. Look into a real gun belt. You'll be amazed. Just read through similar threads here on INGO. Or GT. Or whatever other gun forum there is.

Gun belts don't need to be expensive. Look up the Super Bio Belt. Many fellow INGOers have them and love/rave about them.

Again - seriously. A guy who is going to spend $2k on a carry gun -...in a crappy belt. We who carry guns are willing to bet our lives on them should we need them. Shouldn't the belt and holster be held to the same standard? I'm willing to bet my life that my Beltman or Boxer Tactical (now closed) rigger belt will be up to the task. Is yours? This isn't meant to be a slam. Just meant to get the mental wheels turning.

Have you taken any training classes with that belt / holster combo?

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Seriously. Look into a real gun belt. You'll be amazed. Just read through similar threads here on INGO. Or GT. Or whatever other gun forum there is.

Gun belts don't need to be expensive. Look up the Super Bio Belt. Many fellow INGOers have them and love/rave about them.

Again - seriously. A guy who is going to spend $2k on a carry gun -...in a crappy belt. We who carry guns are willing to bet our lives on them should we need them. Shouldn't the belt and holster be held to the same standard? I'm willing to bet my life that my Beltman or Boxer Tactical (now closed) rigger belt will be up to the task. Is yours? This isn't meant to be a slam. Just meant to get the mental wheels turning.

Have you taken any training classes with that belt / holster combo?

Noted.. some members donÂ’t like the belt. Also noted some members want me to get a gun belt to go with my 2k pistol. Lastly, gun belt over casual belt...

Got it!

Appreciate the feedback!

*Post not meant to be sarcastic, being serious. IÂ’ll look into one of the belts you recommended. Need a new belt anyway.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well at least this thread is informative. I’ve learned that people aren’t impressed by expensive guns, you shouldn’t include pictures in your review unless you are properly outfitted, $2000 for a slightly used $3000 gun is too much, and some people can’t keep up, the reviewer has some really nice guns, but a really crappy belt, I think that about covers it.

Again, great review of two very nice pistols. Buy a new belt!;)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Perhaps we need to come up with a dollar level on guns that are acceptable. I have noticed before that some people will get triggered if you post about a gun they think is too expensive.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I want people to spend as much as they can safely afford on guns.

But I also want said carriers of said guns to understand that having a gun that's up to snuff (no matter the cost) may not amount to a hill of beans in an OhCrapINeedMyGunRightThisVerySecond moment just to have it not where it's supposed to be because it's been carried on a crappy saggy Walmart belt. It's all about risk mitigation. Mitigate the risk by buying a better belt.

NewGlockCity

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Think you hit the nail on the head. Here in the next week or 2 I am getting ready to have to make the decision between the EDC X9 & Full Zev/Agency Glock seeing as I can only afford one or the other at the moment. For the $$ I have been leaning towards Wilson and also figured thatÂ’s where you were going to land (taking nothing from Glock). I am still going to continue to do my own up close analysis but your thesis was quite helpful. Thanks

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Wow!
    In true INGO form everyone gets side tracked on your belt and the price tags of your toys.
    I enjoyed your write up, I have done some write up's in the past. They take a lot of time and effort, and for what? Criticism of your taste in firearms, and that you can afford them?
    Congratulations on the weight loss as well, yet another reason for petty jealously.

Being comfortable is important to me too, and the reality is most of us will never need our guns for true self defense scenarios.
    Very nicely done, and two outstanding pistols!
    Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Last edited:

tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    Great write up and pics! I carry a 19 myself and was curious about the X9. I got a chance to handle one last year and man are they nice. A little out of my price range right now but that gun is on my “list”.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Think you hit the nail on the head. Here in the next week or 2 I am getting ready to have to make the decision between the EDC X9 & Full Zev/Agency Glock seeing as I can only afford one or the other at the moment. For the $$ I have been leaning towards Wilson and also figured thatÂ’s where you were going to land (taking nothing from Glock). I am still going to continue to do my own up close analysis but your thesis was quite helpful. Thanks

Not to derail the thread but if you haven't checked out Indiana Gun Club, you need to. They've got EDC X9's in a few different finishes out there and will take good care of you.

Also, fantastic review OP. I'd subscribe to your newsletter as well :yesway:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    You got jipped!

*gypped

And, for the record, I don't care about how much someone spends on guns. Their money, not mine.

What bothers *me* is that folks will spend $2k+ on a gun and then nothing on a belt as if a belt doesn't matter in the equation. A good belt will help make a crappy holster a bit less crappy. A good belt will help even when not carrying a gun (my every day belt is a Beltman - even when I'm not carrying a gun).

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    *gypped

And, for the record, I don't care about how much someone spends on guns. Their money, not mine.

What bothers *me* is that folks will spend $2k+ on a gun and then nothing on a belt as if a belt doesn't matter in the equation. A good belt will help make a crappy holster a bit less crappy. A good belt will help even when not carrying a gun (my every day belt is a Beltman - even when I'm not carrying a gun).

I just wear really tight underwear.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I don’t wear underwear and carry IWB at six o’clock. I don’t have to worry about retention, but it is a little cold on winter days and I do have clean the gun more often.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sorry if I struck nerve, but the review was not what I was expecting. I'm not impressed by people and their toys and know that some folks need to put on the dog, it's not for me.

I got to my dad's farm at 4:10AM Tuesday to take him to dialysis and with the frost and the super snow moon shining down on his yard it seemed to be covered in shimmering diamonds. That impressed me.

You know, I do not think he was trying to impress you. Seems you put a lot on yourself.
    Do you think the same when I post up a pick of a custom build I have a zillion dollars in. Not doing it to impress you or anyone else for that matter. I do it to see if I can. Then once successful I share it in here. With folks that I think will appreciate my efforts.

In my mind (and yes it is well documented as to my feelings towards G****s) I respect anyone that admits to having invested that much into one. Takes some serious hair....:thumbsup:

Top Bottom