• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've had some email issues, so if any emails bounced or I have responded, I apologize.

Let me answer WebSnyper's questions here, it may benefit others;

You can sign up for a specific COF on Friday evening at the volunteer meeting. Warning: The plate racks go fast :D

If you have a teenage-ish child, and they want to help out, that's great! The more, the merrier!! :rockwoot:

Each COF needs at least 4 volunteers to make it run smooth. There are 6 COF's. Plus, we need at least 4 other people to run sign-in stations, so we need a minimum of 28 people on Saturday & Sunday to make it go.

We've done it with less, trust me, it isn't much fun.

Thank you sir. I'm assuming those of us who have sent emails will get details on the Volunteer meeting on that Friday?

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    We will start setting up for the match at ~5.30, June 24th. When we have the stages set, we will have the volunteer meeting, sign waivers, get shirts and hats, etc. That's usually when we "squad" up for the COF's.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    We will start setting up for the match at ~5.30, June 24th. When we have the stages set, we will have the volunteer meeting, sign waivers, get shirts and hats, etc. That's usually when we "squad" up for the COF's.

Sounds good, so I'll just plan on showing up at the Eagle Creek range at 5:30 on that Friday. Thanks

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Reviving this thread for a question. Do you need to be a GSSF member to volunteer at this match? I have not been a GSSF member for at least 18 years or so. I think I found my old card the other day and it was dated 1993 if I recall correctly.

Probably should join again (actually should have done it before I bought my 27 last year, but forgot about any discounts associated with being a member). I see on the GSSF site now that you need to either be a member for 12 months or more or a new multi year member to get the discount,

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Bump

I wanted to bring this back to the top. I am not sure how many folks are in to help for this but we can never have enough. If you have the time feel free to help out. You can win a Glock of your choice. Come one come all......

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Bump

I wanted to bring this back to the top. I am not sure how many folks are in to help for this but we can never have enough. If you have the time feel free to help out. You can win a Glock of your choice. Come one come all......

Good idea to bring to the top again! I think that maybe some of the folks that volunteer might be under the impression that the range was still not open. I am looking forward to another great time,hopefully a decent score, (well a great time anyway) and seeing everybody again. :D

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Thanks, James!

I understand the range has reopened, so that's a good thing.

I've had internet issues, but I'll try to get everyone emailed ASAP.

Set-up is still planned for Friday, June 24 at 5.30 till finished. Brief volunteer meeting after set-up.

Start time Saturday & Sunday morning is usually ~7.45am. Since I no longer have keys, I'll have to find one of the (new?) employees who does to let us in....

steve

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Steve,

I will be at the range a little before 5pm if all goes well at the office( it should since I work at home on Fridays :):) Guy should also be onsite as well.

If IMPD is still at the range gather around the Jeep with the roof rack/lights. IMPD doesn't want us beyond the parking lot if they are onsite training.

-James

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I was *JUST* wondering about GSSF yesterday because I wore my RO hat to go shooting. Looks like I won't be able to make it this year, though. My gf is taking me to Cedar Point for my birthday that weekend.

"Good luck" to all participants, and "have fun being safe" to all the volunteers!

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    Since it's a Glock match I hope they are passing out flak jackets for the volunteers to wear while the guns are firing just so they are safe

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Hi Folks,

Quick reminder that setup will be this coming Friday evening at 5.30pm. Please park in the main lot until IMPD clears the area. Last year we have everything ready before 7pm. As always, we will need to "test" the plate racks after they are up, so bring a pistol and ammo for this important calibration ;-)

If I recall, we usually show up 7.45 or so Saturday morning to get things out and ready for the day. If anyone needs to sign the GSSF Waiver and get shirts and hats, that's the time to do so. Same with Sunday morning.

Any of the volunteers who also compete usually shoot Sunday morning first thing. We can't start shooting either morning until 8am.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again,

steve

Top Bottom