2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    8.5" blade
    14.25" overall length
    Finger grooved wood handle
    Brass finger guard
    Full tang construction
    Includes sheath (probably some cheap nylon job)

$17.99

I don't know the first thing about Winchester knives, so I have no idea if this is worth buying or not. Thought I'd mention it just in case.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    FYI: Many knives with gun manufactures names on them, are not related to the actual gun manufacturer. The rights to the gun manufactures name in the cutlery world have been sold off and are owned by a totally different company. For the most part (with the exception of H&K knives, which are made by Benchmade), knives with gun manufacturer names are low end and poor quality knives. The Winchester Bowie is no exception, it is made in china with low quality materials.

Last edited:

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    The browning competition cutter is about the only fixed blade with a gun manufacturers name thats decent.

If you want a cheap big knife talk to sheila, she can get you a coldsteel khukri for about the same cost that would be better...

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    A knife that big, for that price, at an ELECTRONICS STORE, is worth what you paid for it. And that's not much.

Use it to impress folks while you cut tape, cardboard, or packing string, and it's fine. Use it to baton hardwood in the winter? Not so fine.

Last edited:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I have a Winchester folding knife, and it is crap. I keep it on the kitchen table to open boxes with. I'm not a knife person, but my Gerber folding knives are slick as snot. You can immediately feel the difference in quality. Winchester uses Chinese steel or something...

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    No joke, I killed a wild boar with that exact knife in Florida, lol. I was down there for a business conference and had no idea I was near a hunting operation so I had to pick what I could find from whatever was available locally and this was it. It did the job but I wouldn't put it high on my list of quality knives.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    FYI: Many knives with gun manufactures names on them, are not related to the actual gun manufacturer. The rights to the gun manufactures name in the cutlery world have been sold off and are owned by a totally different company. For the most part (with the exception of H&K knives, which are made by Benchmade), knives with gun manufacturer names are low end and poor quality knives. The Winchester Bowie is no exception, it is made in china with low quality materials.

:+1:

just don't buy it because it is cheap and has a gun makers name on it. Don't forget that company is known for guns and not knives. There is a reason for that.

If you want a fixed blade talk to knife lady!!!!

Top Bottom