• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhed07

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Indy
    Cleaning out the Grandparent's house and was given a model '06. It's in good shape,but needs cleaned and possibly the furniture replaced/repaired. Anybody got a trusted guy to refurbish this? I know- collector value etc,but for me the value is more in hearing it go bang once again with family.

rhed07

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Indy
    Hey Brett, can you deep clean primitive arms? Not to firing condition, but to good wall hanging shape?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Not to nit pick, but just so we're all speaking the same lingo hear. "Furniture" when discussing firearms, consists of the small parts made of metal,[i.e. trigger guard, forend iron, safety button, etc.], which are not always finished in the same fashion as the main parts. It's a natural assumption that the stock and forend be called furniture, because they are made of wood, but not the case where guns are concerned. Stock and forend are referred to as "the wood", or singled out as stock or forend wood. On SxS guns for instance, the action may be color cased, the barrels hand blacked, [rust blued], and the small bits or furniture are often heat blued in some fashion. This from the British smith who has taught me most of what I know on the subject. Very little when compared to what he knows I might add.
    Jim

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    This from the British smith who has taught me most of what I know on the subject.

In many trades, the Brits use different meanings than we do. I would say in America, furniture would include stocks, grips, handguards, and the minor associated parts like end plates, fittings, etc.

Safeties, guards, and other small metal parts don't typically fall under "furniture" here.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    It may be a "Brit" thing in that they are largely responsible for the modern gun. I think the furniture nomenclature may be more of a generational thing. That or most of the guys my age and older, that I know, are heavily under Brit influence. Even on something like a 1911, I'm used to stocks or grips, not furniture. It's either my addled brain, or the years that put it this condition. I'll just keep it in mind around here. Please remember though,['cause I'll forget], if you mention refinishing the furniture to me, let me know if we're talking large pieces of wood or smallish metal bits. I'll look really stupid suggesting a nitre finish on the walnut grips for your Ultra Carry.
    Jim

Top Bottom