• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meldusty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    I just acquired a Model 37 Steelbilt 12 gauge 2 3/4 Winchester. The barrel is very shiny like new and overall in great condition. Does this gun have any value or interest to collectors?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Does it have a red label?

Winchester made a ton of model 37's. Most are extra full choke. it is a working mans winchester, not rare, well built, and the barrel insides are normally as smooth as silk. It will always be a little higher than the average single shot shotgun. They do make great turkey guns. I see them used in still board shoots also. Collector value moderate cause it is a winchester.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I sold a Model 37 in great shape about 6 months back and got between $200-$250 for it, if I remember right. Its pretty low on the list of Winchesters to collect. (unless its a red label)

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Keep it if you shoot it well!

I was on a multi-state business trip in November, 1996, when I found myself with a down day in Rapid City, SD, I bought a used M37 in 20 Ga. with a full choke for $150.00 and spent a day kicking up roosters. It was a great way to spend the day.

Later, when I lived on St. Simon Island, GA, I would take it out in the salt marsh to shoot rails from my canoe, something I would hesitate to do with my O/U's .

If it shoots well for you, keep it as a canoe/travel shotgun, since it breaks down so nice and quick.

meldusty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    St Simon Island is a beautiful place and great for the canoe. You are right the model 37 breaks down quick and small. I have a habit of buying and turning over but I think I will keep this one for my Grandson. Thanks to all for the great comments. Mel

Top Bottom