redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    TRADED

Thanks for stopping by!

Up for sale is a Winchester Model 70 chambered in 223. Gun shoots very well and the trigger is nice and crisp. Gun will come with the base (EGW) and stock sleeve for ammo storage. Scope can be added for extra (see below). Scope is a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 (MOA). I can provide all of the scope specs to the buyer if they are interested. More interested in selling the rifle by itself but if there is interest for the scope as well I'll add it. Keep all offers and questions to PM please, no early bumps per forum rules. I can take any additional pictures you'd be interested in, just PM me.

Details asked about: The barrel is 21 inches long and has "-RANGER-" engraved on it. Best I can tell from the serial number the manufacture date puts it somewhere in the early 90's timeframe, so she is a post-64 rifle. Stock is original and has a Winchester recoil pad on it. The stock is a wood core with an OD green exterior coating (not a rattle can job, factory original best I can tell), but someone asked if it was a full synthetic which it is not. I am not the original owner so I cannot give an accurate round count for the rifle but I've put about 100 rounds through her without issue. Action is buttery smooth with a very crisp trigger. Accuracy is very good with FGGM from my testing and she would make a good light weight varmint rifle for anyone looking for one. Rifiling looks very good, though getting a picture is proving difficult. Just looking to thin my herd a bit as I don't shoot it enough to warrant keeping it in the safe.

Cash Prices (OBO):

Rifle + Base: (was $450), now $400
    Rifle + Base + Rings + Scope: (was $850), now $800

Trades (can be +/- cash per negotiation)

Quality red dot optics (Vortex, Aimpoint, Trijicon...no Eotechs please)
    Quality magnified optics (Vortex, Nikon, Leupold, Trijicon...just no junk scopes please)
    M1 Garand
    CZ RAMI
    7.62 x 39 factory/surplus ammo
    AK47 Parts Kit
    Or whatever! I'm open to lots of trades, these are just some ideas. Make a trade offer and let's work something out!

FTF transaction, preferably on the south side of Indy but will travel ~45-60 min for the right deal. Will ship on your dime for actual shipping and transfer costs.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom