• ...and so much more!
  • jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    1) Yes
    2) Yes. Glocks are safe for factory ammo like that. I wouldn't shoot only that due to cost and unneeded wear, but as a carry load it's a great choice.

Tranquillity308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    Martinsville
    Here is a link to the Defensive carry forum where the talk the subject to death.

9mm Luger+P+ vs NATO 9x19mm Parabellum & CIP vs SAAMI

Definitely a cool link, thanks! Interesting to note that .40 caliber handguns are taking closer to the max level of pressure they can handle. Makes sense though, since the dimensions of the gun (at least between Glock 19s and 23s) are the same, and the .40 round is higher pressure.

Tranquillity308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    Martinsville
    1) Yes
    2) Yes. Glocks are safe for factory ammo like that. I wouldn't shoot only that due to cost and unneeded wear, but as a carry load it's a great choice.

Sounds good. Yea, I definitely wouldn't shoot that stuff too often, both for wear and tear and especially price! Definitely a good benefit of the "caliber wars" argument though - shoot $10/50rd FMJ, load up on 127gr +P+ with close ballistics (1250fps for 440me) to the .40 for defense!

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yes, it's legal !

I would surely think the Glock would handle it fine... I would be more concerned about the case and how well it's supported. But if you just buy the factory load and shoot them, you should be fine... I would say differently if someone was talking about reloading to that level and using the case over multiple times....

Have you done any research on the performance of this particular round ? I have absolutely no idea how this round is thought of... As far as I know, this loading you mention might be the best thing out there. Saying that though, I do know a good defense round involves much more than just velocity...

Tranquillity308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    Martinsville
    Yes, it's legal !

I would surely think the Glock would handle it fine... I would be more concerned about the case and how well it's supported. But if you just buy the factory load and shoot them, you should be fine... I would say differently if someone was talking about reloading to that level and using the case over multiple times....

Have you done any research on the performance of this particular round ? I have absolutely no idea how this round is thought of... As far as I know, this loading you mention might be the best thing out there. Saying that though, I do know a good defense round involves much more than just velocity...

I've just seen some reference ballistic test videos on youtube, nothing scientific. I've also seen the ballistics info from Winchester on the round, and it claims that the velocity is about 1250 out of the muzzle, with 440ft lbs of energy. I think that's higher than any other 9mm load, unless the 115gr +P+ is better.

Top Bottom