• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So I received a final resolution from Winchester Safes Customer service. I would like to share what I have learned, I am going to try not to let my personal opinion of Winchester Safe‘s and TSC sour the content of this post.

Today I was going back and forth via email with their Technical service department and learned they will not warranty or assist in any way with regards to the failure of the keypad and related components.

Nor will TSC stand behind their satisfaction guaranteed promise. Why you may ask because we did not purchase the power plus warranty at the time of original purchase. Oddly enough when we purchased it they did not offer the option to purchase the Power Plus warranty, nor do they offer it today For safe purchases.

Additionally Winchester stated the keypad that TSC specs out for their safes is not a UL approved nor tested component. So there we have it in order to increase their profit margin they utilized a known substandard component. At the cost of offering a product suitable for its intended purpose.

As far as Winchester goes I conveyed to them that one I will never purchase another one of their products in my lifetime, and I will be switching my duty ammo as well.

As far as TSC we asked them to print our Neighbors club purchase for 2021 for all of our farm purchase. I was well aware of how much money we spent there last year. Supplies, drugs, syringes, feed, supplements etc are not inexpensive by any means and it was a substantial amount. We thanked him for his failure to deliver on a promise of satisfaction and let him know with the blessings we have been given our farm is growing and we will possibly be spending close to double what we had spent in 2021, however we will be getting our supplies at RK. Additionally I plan on scanning our purchases and sending an email to corporate explaining why they no longer have our trust or busines.

So what I guess I am trying to say if you are in the market for a safe:

1) You may be well advised to stay away from a store exclusive which is not really a safe built by the manufacturer of the safe but rather a licensed product built to the retailers specs.

2) A visit to a legitimate safe store may be worth you time

3) if you do elect to go with a store exclusive understand you may not be getting the same quality product and important corners may have been cut. Understand that product support may not be there after 12 months and you may be setting yourself up for substantial frustration in addition to be saddled with a worthless safe.

Top Bottom