• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WarJunky91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Decatur
    I stopped into a couple of the local gun shops and they are selling this Winchester Service Grade 45 ACP in four 50 round boxes in a wooden case. Every store had this stuff at $99.99, anybody have any experience with these rounds? I normally just buy the Winchester white box ammo, i saw these run a little hotter, but are they worth the extra cost?

The Ninja

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've shot a couple of boxes of the stuff through my 1911. It's functioned perfectly for me thus far. I use both it and the WWB interchangeably. The extra you'd be paying for there is the wooden case, though. I'd have to check but I feel like most places where I've seen both for sale in individual 50 round boxes the service grade stuff ends up cheaper per box.

EDIT: Just checked at Cabela's (only place I can remember seeing both in person). The WWB and service grade are normally the same price box for box there, but the service grade is on sale for a dollar or two cheaper. The wood case adds $10 over buying 4 individual boxes, though. Unless you really like the wood case, I'd stick to individual boxes of which ever you can find for cheapest. They'll both work just as well.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom