• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Question for all my INGO brothers..

Have any of you ever scene wind unscrew security light bulbs?

I live on 3 acres and my parents own the 7 behind me. I go out tonight to let the dog out and the lights on my Gargae don't come on.

I walk over towards my parents and the lights on their barn don't come on but the ones at the peak of the roof do.

I check the bulbs and my two and their two are partially unscrewed.

The neighbor about 1/2 a mile away had his garage broken into Wednesday night, so now I am on high alert.

My father and I just finished a full sweep of the properties and checked to make sure all out buildings were secure and locked.

I was gone all day and my parents were not home all afternoon so it is possible somebody was casing the place, or I am just paranoid.

I sit here in the dark with my monitor brightness turned down waiting for one of the security lights to go off.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It wouldn't surprise me to see vibrations loosen the bulb, but given the other events I think you're right to be cautious. Time for some Loctite? :D

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    My dad just called me, He is an Ex-Marine or as he says still a Marine, didn't know they made 52 year old Marines. (he could probably still kick my ***) and says I am going for a walk with Gunner(my parent semi-nuts chow/pit mix) so if you see one of the lights come one verify your target I don't wanna end up dead.

I feel better knowing it has him concerned too.

I will be bouncing in and out of INGO all night I think. This is why we moved out into BFE so we didn't have to worry about this crap anymore.

In 1994 2 months before I graduated high school my mom put 3 .45 JHP rounds into a guy who tried to break in one night when we lived across from Marquette Park on the South Side of Chicago. Dad was working nights. We moved the day I graduated.

Well I am going to go start on the far North side of the property and meet dad in the middle.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    My dad just called me, He is an Ex-Marine or as he says still a Marine, didn't know they made 52 year old Marines. (he could probably still kick my ***) and says I am going for a walk with Gunner(my parent semi-nuts chow/pit mix) so if you see one of the lights come one verify your target I don't wanna end up dead.

I feel better knowing it has him concerned too.

I will be bouncing in and out of INGO all night I think. This is why we moved out into BFE so we didn't have to worry about this crap anymore.

In 1994 2 months before I graduated high school my mom put 3 .45 JHP rounds into a guy who tried to break in one night when we lived across from Marquette Park on the South Side of Chicago. Dad was working nights. We moved the day I graduated.

Well I am going to go start on the far North side of the property and meet dad in the middle.

Just FYI- It is physically IMPOSSIBLE to "unmake" a Marine!

Semper Fidelis, and good night Chesty, where ever you are! :patriot:

See my sig line

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    both my brother and one of my friends live up against railroad tracks and they are constantly retightening bulbs. but wind? i dont think so. even for them it takes several months of a couple trains a day to make a particular bulb come loose. i think you have the right to be paranoid.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    A good reliable dog is worth his/her weight in gold in situations like this. Example, most great danes might let you in the property but you aint leaving!!! Before we married my wifes GD held my BIL at bay for an hour. It was funny because he knew him and had played with him before but he wasnt going to let him go anywhere. :laugh:

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    This is possible with with things heating and cooling over several seasons, but not likely. As others have said, you should be cautious and it sounds like you guys are handling right. Be safe.

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    On high alert again tonight, talked witha local county officer this morning at the gas station and he said he received 5 complaint calls last night of possible vandal/burglar.

He said nothing was taken in any of the calls he responded to but things were either out of place or broken, I guess 1 lady had he NIPSCO Pole light shot out.

So we will see what happens.

WHAT HAPPENED

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Largo, FL
    On high alert again tonight, talked witha local county officer this morning at the gas station and he said he received 5 complaint calls last night of possible vandal/burglar.

He said nothing was taken in any of the calls he responded to but things were either out of place or broken, I guess 1 lady had he NIPSCO Pole light shot out.

So we will see what happens.

lock and load
    shot first and ask questions later

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Put up a game cam or two, the kind that works in low light situations. You might catch someone in the act tying to loosen the bulbs.

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    They unscrewed the lights on my garage before they busted out the window of my car and stole everything I had in there of value.... 5 weeks still haven't seen a Leo my fault and my loss I guess

Top Bottom