• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    How you all doing out there in this wind?
    I sat yesterday, actually rocked for 11 1/2 hours. I saw one deer, one racoon, and about a zillion squirrels. I went back this morning and rocked until 10 am. Couldn't take it anymore.
    I heard a total of 12 shots yesterday and two this morning.
    This weather sucks.
    So how did it go for you?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I actually climbed down twice this morning because of the gusts, probably would have looked funny if someone walked by seeing me sitting 5 feet off of the ground. Sucks, nothing is moving at all.

Going to sit here in the truck-stand for another 30 mins then get back up in a tree. Hoping the rain that is supposed to hit at 5 gets them moving some just before dark.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    My son and I are seeing several despite the wind. I'm surprised actually. The good thing about wind like this is it keeps the majority of hunters in my area home.

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    I've been swaying back and forth all day.Only seen 2 does so far but I hope that changes before night fall.Hard staying awake when your being rocked back and forth all day

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    I almost swayed right off my stand this morning. Definitely will be investing in a system that connects the whole time you are climbing up and down the tree. Would've been highly ironic to fall as I was climbing down.

crocket

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    lucky to be alive after what happen tonight, i will never sit in a tree with wind like we had today, the top broke out of the tree beside me and knocked the ladder part of the stand out that i was sittin in.... missed me by inches.i have hunted deer for 25 yrs and never had this happen.......just another reason not to hunt in the wind... oh yeah thank you lord ........AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    I was located at home all day because of the wind! Did set-up my camera today to see which bucks have moved in since we took 3 out of the farm on Nov.6th 9 scrapes with-in 30yards!!

Glad you are ok! We lost a ladder stand over the winter because the same thing happened.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    lucky to be alive after what happen tonight, i will never sit in a tree with wind like we had today, the top broke out of the tree beside me and knocked the ladder part of the stand out that i was sittin in.... missed me by inches.i have hunted deer for 25 yrs and never had this happen.......just another reason not to hunt in the wind... oh yeah thank you lord ........AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

I saw a tree top break off and thought the same thing, never again.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Instead of being out hunting:( sepnt the past 2 days at an appleseed in Atlanta at the Conservation Club. Even with the berms providing a LITTLE cover that wind was Brutal!!

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    My wife was in her ground blind this morning and before shooting light a 60-70 foot tall red oak fell five feet away. Part of the top broke off and hit the side of the blind. Needless to say, she refused to go out the rest of the day.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I stuck it out in Illinois bowhunting. The wind was brutal today. The deer was smarter than me and hunkered up somewhere besides where I was at..

Friday evening did have a 130ish gross 8 pointer come by me, but there are a LOT bigger deer in that area.

Since I killed out with my crossbow in Indiana, I'll be sitting it out until the Illinois gun season Friday.

Honey Dos until then..

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I took a nice 8 pointer yesterday morning so I stayed inside today. I will be back out once the temperature starts to drop they are in full rut.

Top Bottom