• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anonym

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 2, 2010
    Orange County
    I didn't even go out yesterday. Saturday was crazy in the wind and I didn't see much action at all (especially since I was hunting trespassers more than deer!), but I could see someone getting sea sick very easily in that wind.

jeepville

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    New Castle
    Well opening day I had a 8pt at 40 yds broadside at 7:00am didnt wanna shoot the first buck I see and wasn't a huge 8pt. Then had a yote standing where the buck was should have shot him didnt. The yote chased off 3 does that were just about to come into shooting range. Oh and had a huge owl land in the tree next to me at 6:45 am.

The afternoon had a doe run past probably should have taken a shot but didnt. The farmer next door scared up some does as he was harvesting but they didnt come my way. Its amazing they will stand 20ft from the combine.

Sunday was miserable. Sat in a fence line permanent stand and it was rockin and rolling in the wind and it was cold the wind was blowing right through all my clothes. Only saw 1 doe that was 300yds + and she was running. Sunday afternoon sat in a permanent stand in the woods and didnt see a thing but heard about 12 shots around me.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Had a real bruiser with an extremely wide rack come in from a totally unexpected direction and wind me Sat morning; I quickly swung around on him, got the scope on him and fired but he took off at that time and all I found at the shot site was some white hair and no blood. Either I pulled the shot since I hurried or he was on the rise when the bullet got there - either way....... Once the high wind started I switched to the ground and saw nothing. I've never had any luck in high wind.

infinititech

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    same for me just rocked around in the stand all weekend did see some deer opening weekend despite the wind but all small bucks

Top Bottom