• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Black Beauty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    i just bought myself an AR15 by Windham Weaponry. it's a 16" carbine rifle with flat top upper reciever and a collapsible buttstock. anyone have any facts or opinions on this rifle or company?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    windham is the old bushmaster line, made by bushmaster employees, on the bushmaster equipment, in the bushmaster plant

after remington bought the bushmaster line, they kept the production in windham maine for a few years, then shut it down and moved production to new york

then the former owner of bushmaster bought the plant back, hired the employees who got laid off, and BOOM windham weaponry is born

so you are gtg on a windham ar!

Last edited:

Black Beauty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    thanks shootersix! so far i love it. just this past Sunday, me and a group of my buddies went out to Alexandria and shot a lot of rounds. before that i had purchased a Timney Competition 3lb trigger kit and it has made a world of a difference from the military trigger pull on the M4 and M16's.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    ^^^ That is all 100% true, the only thing I would add is that the rifles that Windham is producing now are better than Bushmaster ever was.

I have a Windham and I had on old Bushmaster from before the sell out. My Windham is tighter, better finished and just IMHO an all around better gun than my old BM was.

I added Magpul gear, some Troy sights and peened the the stock nut on mine and its been a great rifle.

I think youll be pleased with the Windham.

Black Beauty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Kawtech, i have added several Magpul items to it as well. and they make a world of a difference! and when you say "peened the stock nut", are you meaning you staked the colar to the backplate reciever?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Kawtech, i have added several Magpul items to it as well. and they make a world of a difference! and when you say "peened the stock nut", are you meaning you staked the colar to the backplate reciever?

I bent the thingy with my whatchmacallit so that the doodad wouldnt backoff.

The castle nut that holds the buffer tube in place. I staked it to the reciver plate yes. Windham doesnt stake them from factory. I guess they figure the first thing most people will do is ditch the stock and buffer tube for a mill-spec one but i just bought a commercial diameter Magpul CTR and dropped it on the factory buffer tube. Im so used to saying peened. I guess Im oldschool like that.

Last edited:

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    Unlike the new Bushmaster spoons I have not heard anything negative on the Windham. I am no expert on these but try and find a used one. They are not very common considering the number of spoons manufactured under this brand name.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Unlike the new Bushmaster spoons I have not heard anything negative on the Windham. I am no expert on these but try and find a used one. They are not very common considering the number of spoons manufactured under this brand name.

Spoons??? :n00b:

Did I miss somthing? Have I been shoving Pmags into flatware this whole time?

Also Windam is realitivly new to the market, Not really but you know what I mean. I doubt there will be many used ones out there yet.

New ones in the right store are only about $850.00 and Bradis has them all the time.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    windham is the old bushmaster line, made by bushmaster employees, on the bushmaster equipment, in the bushmaster plant

after remington bought the bushmaster line, they kept the production in windham maine for a few years, then shut it down and moved production to new york

then the former owner of bushmaster bought the plant back, hired the employees who got laid off, and BOOM windham weaponry is born

so you are gtg on a windham ar!

This is why we picked ours up from shooter521. Hundreds of rounds, runs like a champ, accuracy is VG for a 16" 1x9.

Then, sadly, we lost it in a tragic canoeing accident..

Black Beauty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the info guys. Sorry if my terminology is a little wack with some of these terms are what i use at my shop at CAJMTC. I'm a small arms repairer. So in a way i know a thing or to about weapons but not to the extent of the civilian side of weapons. So if there are any fellow armorers out there, feel free to friend me and share info on the outside world of weapons.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Spoons??? :n00b:

Did I miss somthing? Have I been shoving Pmags into flatware this whole time?

Also Windam is realitivly new to the market, Not really but you know what I mean. I doubt there will be many used ones out there yet.

New ones in the right store are only about $850.00 and Bradis has them all the time.

:dunno:
    Too much coin......can buy 1 off the floor rack at Orion for ......759.....along with the Bushmaster.....759.....along with.....well,you get the picture......anything over 800 for 1 of these things is.....nuts....:twocents:

(OR.....can find a Panther at some Wallworlds for.....585......)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    :dunno:
    Too much coin......can buy 1 off the floor rack at Orion for ......759.....along with the Bushmaster.....759.....along with.....well,you get the picture......anything over 800 for 1 of these things is.....nuts....:twocents:

(OR.....can find a Panther at some Wallworlds for.....585......)

Well thats all well and good but where is Orion's? Your info says your in southern IN, but Im in central IN. Bradis is just a short drive for me and they always have the lowest prices around this area. If another store sellscheaper then thats great for them (or not depends if they want to make money or just love to sell guns) But I know that every dealer pays the same prices for the same stuff and its normally a 30% mark up from wholesale to retail. MSRP on a WW SRC is $1040.00 so -30% would be $728.00 so if they only want to make $30.00 on every rifle sale then They are gonna either have to sell alot of cheap rifles or have no overhead at all.

If Orion's is an online store, then my argument is pointless, but I would rather support my local store.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I just found Orion's online store.

I would still rather pay a little more to support my local store and keep some of the best people in the bussiness employed.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I just found Orion's online store.

I would still rather pay a little more to support my local store and keep some of the best people in the bussiness employed.

Orion is a real store in Jeffersonville Indiana, very nice and large selection. I've been to it many times and to Bradis once, they are both great gun shops that offer pretty much anything one of us could want. They are also an advertising business here on INGO along with Bradis of course. ;)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Orion is a real store in Jeffersonville Indiana, very nice and large selection. I've been to it many times and to Bradis once, they are both great gun shops that offer pretty much anything one of us could want. They are also an advertising business here on INGO along with Bradis of course. ;)

Yeah i found that too. Still it would be almost 3hrs away for me to drive down there. Bradis is much closer to me. But if Im ever down that way Ill check it out.

Anyway OP, Windham Weaponry makes an excellent out of the box AR no matter where you bought it. I think youll be more than happy with it. Im very pleased with mine

Top Bottom