• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    not sure I condone head shots for stealing stuff from cars...

I'm guessing the cop still had his finger on the trigger when he broke the window.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    The article said the suspects were reversing with the officers that close. I would say that that officer most likey has a good case that he feared for his life.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Doesn't really hurt my feelings. Thats what the theif gets for being a dumba$$. To bad a couple firearms can't "accidently" go off while they're pointed at all those molesters/rapists out there too.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Alleged car thief accidentally shot by police officer outside shopping mall - National Violent Crime | Examiner.com

I have not much compasion for these car thiefs! I have been in Houston for two years this march, and seen these people work. I had my work truck broke in at 7am he was in my truck in ten seconds and took $1700 worth of my hard earned stuff. So I take great joy when the good guys win!

Moral of the story: don't leave $1700 worth of stuff unattended in a car.

Yeah, I've had my car broken in to. I lost some stuff, but not that much stuff!

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I think the cop should get EXACTLY what any other citizen would get if they did the same thing.

In IN it isn't legal to use deadly force unless you are in fear of SBI. A cop can use DF for the same reason or for stopping a fleeing felon ONLY IF they have reason to believe that allowing their escape could be a danger to others.

I don't believe the cop thought he was in danger of bodily injury because he chose to break the window instead of just shooting at the driver to stop the truck. This is especially true since the passenger was the one killed & not the actual operator of the truck. It was an accident, pure & simple.

If anyone else would have accidentally killed someone without DF being justified they would be likely spending serious time in jail. So should the cop. Especially so since they are "the ones" who are supposed to be "well trained".

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Cop should have had one of these:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...cussion/130769-glass_breaker_floorplates.html

DPM Systems Technologies Ltd.

3.jpg

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    The owner of the vehicle that was being broken into should be held accountable for causing the death of someone who had no choice but to break into cars. As the Kokomo cop told me, "It's really your own fault. If you didn't have such a nice stereo, no one would try to steal it."

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I have one of these on both of my flashlights after I struggled to break a window with just my maglight.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tec5_9sUbTM]YouTube - Bust A Cap With Cop Streamlight Flashlight[/ame]

esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Thanks 38, I do ac work and I need tools to do that work, can't carry it all with me on the roof. So no moral here except carry sniper rifle?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    "As the truck tried to reverse, one of the officers “broke out the passenger-side window with his semi-automatic gun.” That was when the weapon had accidentally gone off, striking one of the suspects in the head. He was pronounced dead at the scene."

Sounds a lot like this scene:

"Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sklhe2xQio]YouTube - Pulp Fiction- The Shooting Of Marvin[/ame]

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Wow, what a joke, that cop shouldnt have shot one of them in the head.

He should of shot both of them in the head, until his magazine was empty. Im sure the other criminal will get off light and get a nice lawsuit settlement for his PTSD. The criminals always win in America.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Poetic justice will be served if the other car theif is charged with his buddies murder since a death occurred during the commission of a felony.

Top Bottom