• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Today I did two random visits at sites that we all would say are important to the state. Loss of either of these two facilities would be a disaster for people in Indiana and IL.

These companies, DHS and IDHS should be smacked down for lack of planning, training and site reviews. The access controls at my office are more secure that what I observed today.:xmad:

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    There's no threat to that place. You are being paranoid. By the way the grass in your backyard is coming in nice and your dog dug a hole in the southeast corner by the fence. The pictures from the flyover came out great.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    There's no threat to that place. You are being paranoid. By the way the grass in your backyard is coming in nice and your dog dug a hole in the southeast corner by the fence. The pictures from the flyover came out great.

?????

I have three southeast corners of the fence. Which one? The one by the gate, the barn or the house?

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Interesting, most critical things have false senses of security..

Neither location was even trying....that is what was such a let down. Nothing to even slow done a vehicle, protect the site or deal with more than an angry person. They were very good at handling out visitor badges.....................

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    come on. are we intelligent and those I would considered prepared people, gonna continue to believe the government caused paranoia involving terrorism? its a hoax people. we arent in anymore danger of being over ran by middle eastern terrorist than we ever have been. the people in the middle east have hated us for decades!!!! DHS and other agencies are just an excuse and a sham to grow the government larger and further oppress the American people. Im sure unclemike will be along soon to tell me to leave the country if I dont like it.:rolleyes:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Neither location was even trying....that is what was such a let down. Nothing to even slow done a vehicle, protect the site or deal with more than an angry person. They were very good at handling out visitor badges.....................

Hey, are you sure you didn't visit a DoD manufacturing facility downtown? Sounds very familure to me...

(we don't even close our gates most of the time :dunno: :n00b:)

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Then some correctional facilities would downright scare you.:noway:

Correctional facilities are meant to keep folks in. I'm pretty sure a coordinated assault on one in hopes of getting every creep and freak out would be at least marginally successful. To clarify however, I don't believe I've ever been on the property of any of the correctional facilities in Indiana, so I don't know for sure. Having said that, I'd bet the playbook for stopping someone from leaving is about 40x the size of the playbook for keeping someone from getting in. And, once the people getting in are in control of the getting out, all playbooks are worthless.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Correctional facilities are meant to keep folks in. I'm pretty sure a coordinated assault on one in hopes of getting every creep and freak out would be at least marginally successful. To clarify however, I don't believe I've ever been on the property of any of the correctional facilities in Indiana, so I don't know for sure. Having said that, I'd bet the playbook for stopping someone from leaving is about 40x the size of the playbook for keeping someone from getting in. And, once the people getting in are in control of the getting out, all playbooks are worthless.

Yeah, never meant anyone trying to get in. Dont know that i've ever even heard of that:D Was talking about the SECURITY that keeps the baddies in:noway:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Update: 50% of it is good news.........

Location 1, Security contractor got an a$$ chewing. They were put on notice and have x days to fix the issue of not being alert. If they fail, they will be replaced.

Big shot from location one and I talked and they are going to fix the access problem. I was told jersey walls have been added, so vehicles cannot drive past the gate at high speed. So if any of you work at this site, and a zig zag path of jersey walls are at the gate, blame me.

Big shot is taking me to lunch in the next few weeks for pointing out the issues.

Location 2,

They told me to pound sand. I told him to call big shot at location one. I called a contact I have, and he will fix the issue. See location one corrections that will be completed in the near future.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Is playing video poker or sleeping a bad thing for security to be doing?

it seems to be an unofficial task of mine here in the evenings. i just sit on ingo and facebook and watch muliple cameras/screens... possibly unlock a user account if they call

Top Bottom