• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • headleyj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Bloomington
    So my dad is a big wingmaster fan. First shotgun i ever fired was a 12ga wingmaster slugger he bought brand new in the mid 60's. He gave it to me last year for my bday so needless to say its a special piece to me.

If this even exists i would love to find him one someday...Did they ever make a Wingmaster 28 or 410 in a standard weight? If so what years? Thanks!

headleyj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Bloomington
    the ones im talking about are older wingmasters, not new ones.

As i understand it, the older ones were all based off the 12ga receiver, these were referred to as standard weight. Remington then decided to lighten the frames...enter "lightweight" aka "LW" this is why you see 870LW on the small bore receivers now. The lightweights used light weight barrels (aka light contour).

What i dont know is if they ever made a 28ga or 410 with the 12 ga receicer size/ weight. Make sense?

headleyj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just wanted ya'll to know I finally found an answer out. Remington never made a 410 or 28 ga on the standard weight frames/ receivers. They were light weight only.

headleyj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Bloomington
    FWIW "Light Contour" is a Remington description of some 12 gauge barrels used on fairly recent guns.

Yes the lc barrels differ from the std wt barrwls in their profile. The std wt barrels come out of the receiver and then have a sharp chamfer to reduce the od, where as the lc barrels have a long smooth taper down to a smaller od.

Top Bottom