• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    No change other than adding a flashlight to what ever jacket I'll be wearing. During the summer I'm not usually out past sun fall but my winter drive to and back from work is usually near darkness.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Same system different pocket depending on the weather, coat carry for winter already has a horsehide holster in one pocket and horseside mag and flashlight holster on the off side in a pocket with folder.

The system below adapts to any other need or outfit quite easily.

http://
    25ptz46.jpg

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Does anyone move to a different caliber due to the possibility of shooting through multiple layers of clothing vs a single layer or two in the summer? Put another way, if you carry a .380 in the summer, do you still carry a .380 in the winter or do you step up a bit due to the greater ability to conceal? I will admit to that being one of the reasons the G20sf comes out more often in the winter than in the summer.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I do not make changes based on the weather - with the exception that I wear gloves more often.

This, however, is a training issue and not a hardware issue.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    IWB and my Sig P938 gets put away for jacket season. Out comes my Kimber CDPII and my fav OWB leather holster (my preferred set-up). :)

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    My EDC remains the same, unless I happen to be out in the woods hunting, then I do carry a different piece. My EDC is a .45 acp, my carry piece for the woods is a .44 mag. Just in case Mr. Coyote happens along on a slow deer hunting day.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Being afforded the additional jacket layer per the season, I switch to my full size pistol "open carried" on my belt, just inside where my jacket hangs, along with a double mag pouch.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Only real change I make, I tend to carry a second in my coat pocket more frequently. My main carry is still in the same place, but when wearing a coat, I can keep one discretely available without ever going to a "draw" position, and giving away my reediness to the unsuspecting.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've begun carrying either a CZ 75B Compact or a full size Witness 10mm lately. Both are reliable and both have a trigger guard big enough for gloved use. Over the next week or two, we'll see how cold they get while out raking leaves in 30 degree weather.

Top Bottom