• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    'Tis the dead of winter! Most of us have to lock away our carry pieces in our vehicles during work hours. As the cabin temperature steadily falls to match the outside going towards quitting time, we anticipate that cursed union of freezing metal to warm midsections! (even undershirts lessen this only a little)

What are some of the practical, improvised, or creative ideas you all have tried (succeed or fail) to insulate your piece towards quittin time?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Assuming you're going to have to drive somewhere once you get back to your car, here's a solution that will warm it up a bit before you but it in your carry holster. It's a very accessible location for carry while driving. Once you get to your destination, transfer back to your carry holster and it will have warmed up.

Gum Creek Vehicle Handgun Mount Steering Wheel Gun Holster Mount

566_zpse3ac9c17.jpg

Borock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Indianapolis
    1-I holster it and the coldness goes away quickly. 2-I'm self employed so I rarely need to leave my carry in the car (except for working at a school). If I do need to leave it, I've made an apparatus out of some leftover Kydex that is like the outside half of an OWB holster and I screwed it to the lower dash board just above my feet (it can't be seen from outside either). When you think about it, with your firearm under your coat and seat belt, drawing in a hurry when you need to isn't very fast. It feels good to have it where I'm accustomed to having it (IWB) but in my dash holster makes for quick draw if needed.

Top Bottom