• ...and so much more!
  • winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    winter gun projects- milled ak vz-58

PICT49512_zpsd8b57cea.jpg
    well now that the crappy indiana winter weather is here and i will be spending more time inside i thought it was time to dig out my winter projects. i started project reweld last winter and bit off more than i could chew. got some started but none 100% complete. back when parts kits were cheap i bought some of them thinking i would build some and sell some. now all the easy stamped receiver kits are gone and im left with the milled kits but they take a little more time to complete. i kinda milked it a little because im not completely confident that they will run and i hate to fail. i got up this morning and decieded im gonna finish the ones i have started and quit putting them off. does anyone else build milled kits on ingo? i need advice on finish since i dont have bluing tanks and i want the reciever to match the rest of the used parts. some of the kits have had some trench art? which is kinda cool but the 90210 stickers on the 64 had to go. the one most complete is a yugo m70 then a yugo m64. i milled the patch plates for the m72 and another folding stock m70 but thats about as far as i got. i made a steel plate to pin the chek vz58 parts to and is ready to weld the original chunks back together. im gonna cross my fingers and as i finish these over the winter i will add pics and give range report. :rockwoot:
    PICT49532_zps9c97f925.jpg
    PICT49552_zps2b3889b9.jpg
    PICT49562_zps27bea4db.jpg
    a>
    PICT49532-1.jpg

Last edited:

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Looks like fun! Never tried that myself. I saw a thread on here the other day where a guy built one out of a shovel. Pretty cool

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    The trench art is the cross of St Sava. It's part of the Serbian crest. You will find that on guns used by Serbian militia units and not reg army. It's cool and shows some battle history. My RPK has the same thing.

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    success! 1 complete 11 to go.
    PICT4963_zps4b357214-1_zps77181931.jpg
    PICT4964_zpsd82365ad-1_zps99154064.jpg
    had a pretty good week in the garage working on the parts kits. finished milling out the yugo m70, pinned my usa gas piston to the bolt carrier and installed all my 922 parts. oiled up the action with some gun snot and seemed to function correctly so went to the back yard to test. i started off with some german training ammo and it ran fine so i loaded up a 30 rounder with some fmj and shot pretty good group at 75 yds. worked great except my safety didnt work all the time. my safety hole was a little off so i put a spot weld on the the lever so it would contact the trigger better. i was happy with the build so i disassembled and boiled all unfinished parts in my wifes canner (wont use that again) to get all oil and grease so i could blue. i put 2 coats of cheap birchwood casey bluing on receiver and bolt carrier and it turned out pretty good. i hope to have the m64 underfolder done next week if all goes ok. thanks for the info Stang51d :ingo:

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    That's awesome! I've done the easy stamped kits! That's my current skill level! There is a guy on akforum.net called "turbothis" If you have any snags he is awesome! I wish I piled away milled kits when they were cheap! Very impressive work btw!

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    PICT4984_zpsa273cfb9.jpg
    hello again! i have some pics of the latest build. a yugo m-64 underfolder i finished up over christmas vacation.:ar15:i also added some pics of the next underfolder im working on now.

PICT4982_zps9897eacf.jpg
    PICT4996_zpsabe1372e.jpg
    PICT5006_zpsed1ef501.jpg
    PICT5009_zps4bb86c1d.jpg

PICT5007_zps96a96349.jpg
    PICT4992_zps093c62be.jpg

zepan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I never knew this was so widely done. That's pretty dang cool, I'm throughly impressed.

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    thanks for the compliments ingo.i think i have been blessed with the drive to want to learn new things and not quit until i finish. almost everybody has the "skills" as long as your not afraid to try something different. ive made lots of things and screwed up lots of times but i learned how not to do it, and start over. :ar15:
    “You can’t make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.”

Charles Darwin

Top Bottom