• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sitting here slaving away in my reloading room and was wondering what is on everyone's winter to do list?

I'm currently pulling the last years worth of mistakes from a bunch of 223 and 40. Other than that I'm just trying to get ahead of next year's match schedule so I don't have so much last minute reloading to do. I hate processing rifle brass so I'm putting that off until I can convince the wife to help.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Get every brass case loaded and start socking up on stuff as I can afford to do so. Start prepping a little more. Making plans on some formal defense training.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Finished up 1K 5.56 55 gr plinkers. 500 55gr Z-max.

Working thru a batch (3000) of LC 5.56 brass. All Cleaned, 1/2 are swaged. Then size and trim to start loading match ammo.

Want to build a new bench this week while the kids are out of school.

Lots of 45 cases to work on after that.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    First up is refinishing the stock on my 11 year-old daughter's Christmas present. Grandpa bought her a used Mossberg 22 rifle and it's pretty rough. I love stripping down a stock, sanding it baby-butt smooth and then finishing with either boiled linseed oil or several coats of poly over stain. I've done 3 prior stocks and can't imagine a better winter project.

I've got a bunch of 358GNR to load up, need to buy more 9mm and 44 bullets, also need some H110 or maybe some Li'l Gun for 30 Carbine loads. The bulk of my work this winter will be resizing ~1,500 cases in 30-'06, 223 and 308. There is also a possibility of a financial windfall in the next few weeks, and if that happens, there will be a new wildcat cartridge to start working with.

I hope y'all had a merry Christmas and that the New Year is full of promise.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I have a couple thousand 223 cases that need prepped and filled up with goodies. I also need to pick up some more brass. I need some 9mm projectiles as well. And i need time to sit down and play at the press and get it all done.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Started a run of 50k 9mm (no that's not a typo) , 5k 223,, 5k 40S&W and 1500 44 mag. Also teaching 2 new people to reload and 3 new shooters as well.

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    Refinishing the stock on an old Norinco .22LR, putting some aftermarket goodies in one of the 10/22's, and have a couple of 5 Gal buckets worth of brass to process.

Pretty sure I'll get the .22's done before the brass :)

brianheeter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    My winter reloading project...

...is building a tumbler like this:

My home built wet tumbler - General Reloading - Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

In addition, I just got a Lee single stage press (the $26 one) and got it installed between two wall studs in my basement. I decapped a bunch of 9mm brass with it yesterday. Today I spent some time rigging a small plastic cup underneath to reliably catch the primers before they hit the floor. So I will also be figuring out this whole reloading thing.

If you would have told me that I was going to enjoy decapping 9mm brass I wouldn't have believed you. I think I've caught the bug....

C ya,

brian

SPUTTER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    BEDFORD
    waiting for my Lee Classic Turret press to start reloading, hurry, hurry wife wants me to start on a surround fire place, WOOD or Reloading maybe both so she gives me permission to get more things.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Let's see here. Right off the top of my head my list includes in no particular order.
    Build my Northwest trade gun.
    Straighten up my garage, AKA the man cave
    Cast some bullets for my .45-70
    Reload plenty of 5.56 & 7.62 NATO, 9mm and .45 ACP and .45-70BP loads
    The son wants to give turkey hunting a go, so I also have to gear him up for it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If any of you have ideas and preferably pictures, I am trying to figure out how to best mount my Rock Chucker to my bench top. I want to mount it so it could be easily removed to use the bench for other things.

I have thought about imbedding a steel plate into the top flush and drilling it with holes so I could just bolt it to the plate. That would be sturdy and I would not wear the top out taking it on an off.

77broncoman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Martinsville, IN
    ...is building a tumbler like this:

My home built wet tumbler - General Reloading - Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

In addition, I just got a Lee single stage press (the $26 one) and got it installed between two wall studs in my basement. I decapped a bunch of 9mm brass with it yesterday. Today I spent some time rigging a small plastic cup underneath to reliably catch the primers before they hit the floor. So I will also be figuring out this whole reloading thing.

If you would have told me that I was going to enjoy decapping 9mm brass I wouldn't have believed you. I think I've caught the bug....

C ya,

brian

Totally agree on building a wet tumbler. High on my priority list !

Top Bottom