• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Me too. Got bread, milk, and eggs (all of which we needed anyway), but Oh, the humanity! I forgot the half and half for coffee! I'll have to use milk!

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I am ALWAYS prepared. That being said, I am sure the retailers provide kickbacks to the NWS, and the media for sensationalizing the weather. Go out and buy, buy, and buy more, so you will have enough if 6-8 inches of snow closes all the roads.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    ive had my mom tell me for 2 days how unprepared I am because I wont rush out and buy bread and milk. my response remains the same. I have enough food saved up for 3-4 weeks if we are smart about it. its not a lot but we are still newbies to prepping. to me the ones running out to get carts full of food are the one that are not prepared.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yeah, bread and milk are perishable. If you are stocked up on non-perishables, you're actually in better shape than the ones who just make a run for bread and milk.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    1521811_10201127534251508_1832255869_n.jpg

Ademus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2013
    Greenfield
    We rarely use bread or milk in our house, it usually goes bad before we eat/drink it all...I find I'm less prepared to feed my dogs if I got snowed in.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    We went to Walmart last night to pick up a few things we needed. Two of the items we purchased were bread and milk. But it was only because we actually needed them for sammiches. 6 loaves should hold out until Monday right? 5 gallons of milk seemed reasonable. I already had 13lds of bacon on hand so I'm set until at least tomorrow. Probably should get some more tonight after work.

Looking around it would seem that was the way people were thinking. We must have looked weird with only 1 loaf of bread and 1 gallon of milk. One thing I did notice, we were the only ones who had T.P. in our cart. Do the people who panic buy assume that their bowels will stop moving in the event of a snow storm?

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    We rarely buy bread but we do go through a lot of milk. I need to pick up a gallon today plus a few other things I needed anyway. I also need to find some calcium chloride since I am down to 10-12 pounds.

Top Bottom