• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    OWB Glock 17 with a TLR-1 summer/winter. I don’t change up guns or positions of holsters.

THIS. I have a Glock 17 (Vickers edition) with a TLR-1 as my daily carry. I use a OWB holster (Bravo Concealment) at 3 O'clock. Since I have settled on this system, I don't change this. Same thing, every day, every season, unless I'm going to dress nice. Then I wear my stainless S&W 1911. I will say that unless I'm gonna be out for en extended time, I rarely zip up my coat, but other than that, nothing changes. If your coat isn't an overly long parka you should be able to rake it up to clear a holster. A bit slower for sure, but it can be done. Keep in mind, I don't work anymore other than being VFW commander. I'm U. S. Army Retired, so I'm not spending enough time outside in the winter to be in coveralls either.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    THIS. I have a Glock 17 (Vickers edition) with a TLR-1 as my daily carry. I use a OWB holster (Bravo Concealment) at 3 O'clock. Since I have settled on this system, I don't change this. Same thing, every day, every season, unless I'm going to dress nice. Then I wear my stainless S&W 1911. I will say that unless I'm gonna be out for en extended time, I rarely zip up my coat, but other than that, nothing changes. If your coat isn't an overly long parka you should be able to rake it up to clear a holster. A bit slower for sure, but it can be done. Keep in mind, I don't work anymore other than being VFW commander. I'm U. S. Army Retired, so I'm not spending enough time outside in the winter to be in coveralls either.
    I use a Safariland ALS with the kydex finish for daily carry. If or when I need to dress up I use the same type of Safariland ALS holster but it has a nice black leather wrap around it.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    REALTREE coat, Glock-27 in rt side horse hide pocket holster.

Spare mag, knife, flashlight, lft side in horse hide holster.

Works for me.

Last edited:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I don't change how I carry my primary pistol (3:00 IWB P320) but sometimes I my kahrCM9 in my coat pocket

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    G19 usually IWB, Bianchi Pro 100. J frame 442 pocket carry in Uncle Mikes Cheapie rig. Just upgraded stable to a Sig226, have a couple rigs on order. G19 is going on 14 years now, and Sig is dated 2014 manufactor. Have to wring it out, but am confident all will be well. Same J frame for winter carry. I do zip my jacket and wear my watch cap (also got a Carhart cap from TSC Farm Supply) Keep those ears protected. Mom always told us! LOL!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    " and full coveralls."

I like most posted here carry the same year round--G-19 in a Cross Breed IWB at 3:30 with 1 extra mag @ 9:00.

If you wear "full coveralls" you do not have that access to a belt holster.

For me, in that case I carry the G-19 in a Galco shoulder rig with 2 extra mags on the off side.

You will need the coveralls to have the extra room to cover this rig..Bill.

I guess my one exception would be coveralls. I don’t wear full coveralls, but I occasionally wear bibs. In that case, my Shield fits nicely in the bib pocket.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Glock 36 fall, winter and spring. Just got it this fall so I am not sure what I am going to do this summer. Wife doesn't like it when anything prints under my t-shirt which happens to me a lot because of the way I lean when I sit. Last year I carried my P3AT a lot in a hip pocket holster during the summer. If I am wearing a shirt that doesn't look right untucked or needs to be tucked in for the occasion, I go with the pocket carry P3AT.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Glock 36 fall, winter and spring. Just got it this fall so I am not sure what I am going to do this summer. Wife doesn't like it when anything prints under my t-shirt which happens to me a lot because of the way I lean when I sit. Last year I carried my P3AT a lot in a hip pocket holster during the summer. If I am wearing a shirt that doesn't look right untucked or needs to be tucked in for the occasion, I go with the pocket carry P3AT.

That sucks. Sounds like you’ll have to find a different wife for the summer months.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    That sucks. Sounds like you’ll have to find a different wife for the summer months.

That could be fun, but will ultimately be pretty expensive. :):

The majority of my time outside in the winter is spent going from my car to the store and back. I leave the coat in the car most of the time, so my usual carry is either a Shield 45 or M&P 9 2.0 compact under a hooded sweatshirt, or my P365 in my jeans pocket. When I have to throw the coat on and be outside for more than 5 minutes, I just don't worry about it, because most criminals don't like the cold, either. I'm still better prepared than the vast majority of the people out there, just have to sweep my coat back and get under my sweatshirt. It can be done.

I guess I'd probably pocket carry my P365 if I was wearing overalls all day. I've never worn a set of overalls.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

It's okay if it shows

Top Bottom