• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pitmaster

Expert
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    If there is anyone interested in a WinterSeed. There will be one at the Watervliet Rod and Gun Club in Watervliet, MI January 18-19, 2014. Watervliet is roughly 30 miles north of South Bend, IN. WRG are great hosts with clubhouse for those special breaks.

lucky4034

Master
    Jan 14, 2012
    Hmmmm... a whole 15min from Grandma's house. Now the only question is whether or not I want to lay in the snow all day long?

lucky4034

Master
    Jan 14, 2012
    That's my favorite time to shoot. everything is quiet and calm. (till the first crack of gunfire breaks out!)

I might show up Sunday at try to get a Winterseed Patch. Last time I shot in the winter, the shoot boss only had regular patches.

Do we know which volunteers will be running the shoot?

Pitmaster

Expert
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I might show up Sunday at try to get a Winterseed Patch. Last time I shot in the winter, the shoot boss only had regular patches.

Do we know which volunteers will be running the shoot?

The same guys who ran the Niles shoot. Kris/SteelThunder will be SB, John/OZ & Zazzles Red & Blue Hats. I'm sure there will be another IIT. I'm on the fence. My health has been bad the past few months. I won't know until a few days before at the earliest. Attendance will also determine if more instructors sign up. Mike might be there. The clubhouse will be open and its nearby. I don't recall it being particularly windy there either. I know the club liaison does a great job making things as comfortable as possible.

lucky4034

Master
    Jan 14, 2012
    I might make it up there on one of the days... I'll have to check with the boss (Joy) to see what all she has planned. I've been itching to get out and shoot.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    There are still some slots open. So far all are experienced shooters and have shot rifleman. COF will include more AQTs and KD info. Looks to be a great weather for a Winterseed patch.

Top Bottom