• Nathanaf8388

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2020
    Montezuma
    Do you have a link?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303532955932

This is the brand I most recently bought last summer for the wife’s tahoe. I have bought other no name brands with similar results. But these made it all winter. I am notorious for not clearing all the ice or snow of my windows.
    If your blades streak when new or after time wipe them with an alcohol wipe as they come with oils from the factory generally. You may see in a package of new blades sometimes alcohol wipe that’s what it’s for. Removing the manufacturing fluids
    As a habit I try to wipe them down whenever I clean my windows at a station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I usually just buy the cheapos at Menards, free after rebate. Well, pay the tax and a stamp and envelope. Seems like they have this deal three or four times a year. IIRC, the brand is Splash. They only last about six months before starting to squeak, but for about two bucks I get enough for both vehicles.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    It is amazing how much longer the blades last if you wipe the crud off of them every few weeks.

I wipe them down with the windshield squeegee then paper towel maybe every other time I get gas. I've had my Forester for a year and a half and the original blades are still doing well. It bothers me for no reason that the blades are three different sizes, left right, and rear, at least they were on my Outback. I remember replacing those and was surprised that the same brand blades at the dealership were the same price as at Autozone.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I’ve been using the Bosch Icons for years and haven’t had any issues. I tried cheaper blades a time or two and always went back to Bosch. When I clean the windshield at the station I’ll wipe the blades with the damp paper towel and they seem to work better afterwards.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm going to have to start wiping my blades down. I'd never even considered it, but it makes sense. Besides, I'm carrying a package of Chlorox Wipes around with me now anyhow, so I suppose they'd work for that too.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I'm going to have to start wiping my blades down. I'd never even considered it, but it makes sense. Besides, I'm carrying a package of Chlorox Wipes around with me now anyhow, so I suppose they'd work for that too.

I wouldn't. I don't recommend clorox or lysol wipes anywhere on or in a vehicle. The chemicals in them tend to break down rubbers and plastics, sometimes beyond repair. (The same reason applies to ammonia based products.) Use washer solution (alcohol based) or a non ammonia based glass cleaner.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I wouldn't. I don't recommend clorox or lysol wipes anywhere on or in a vehicle. The chemicals in them tend to break down rubbers and plastics, sometimes beyond repair. (The same reason applies to ammonia based products.) Use washer solution (alcohol based) or a non ammonia based glass cleaner.

Good to know, thanks!

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    It is amazing how much longer the blades last if you wipe the crud off of them every few weeks.

Another pro-tip is when they are brand new, take the protective cover off the rubber part before you use them. :)
    I bought these https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BB7F68L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1 on Amazon because they had a lot of good reviews, 70% rated five stars. When I looked at some of the lower ratings, I found a review that a gal upgraded after she figured out that there was a protective film strip (same color as the rubber apparently) on the rubber part. She didn't realize that at first and put them on right out of the package, and they performed terribly so she gave a stinker rating. Then she caught on and came back to upgrade her review. :D

When I got my set the protective film was now bright yellow and had "remove this strip" printed on it. :laugh:

And they do work very well so far. We'll see after the 100F Texas summer.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I use the Bosch beam style blades, have 2.5 years on them right now. The key to all wiper blades is getting the crude off of them. Back in the day when I was in my late teens I worked at a full service Marathon station. While doing the normal routine of checking the oil and washer fluid levels and cleaning the windows while the gas was filling I would always wipe the blade off. People would always come back in and ask me what I did to their wiper blades because they was working so good. Just let them know that the blades needed to be cleaned just like the window. The owners, his wife liked that I helped the customers because they came back and spent more. Him not so much, he wanted the sales and was pi**ed missing out on a few bucks profit.

Top Bottom