• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So true. So so true! My landlord is a real ass hole. Wait.... that's me!

Seems like something always needs fixed. But It is a good feeling to know it is yours, to fix. :-)

It is endless. That and we are constantly finding ways to "Up-grade" which developed another list of to do along with that work.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Plug it. At tractor speeds, I'd plug the sidewall itself if I had to and never worry about it. If it still leaks a little after the plug, Slime it. I used slime in one of the front tires of my John Deere for 4 years. Eventually, it developed a bigger leak early this year so I replaced the tire. It was alittle messy, but slime rinses right off with water and darned if the rim didn't look brand new inside once rinsed off.

...of course the "plug it" advice assumes tubeless tires. I only say that be cause, yes, I have seen people plug tires with tubes then wonder why the plug didn't work.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    ...of course the "plug it" advice assumes tubeless tires. I only say that be cause, yes, I have seen people plug tires with tubes then wonder why the plug didn't work.
    Guilty!

My dad's old mower had a flat. I ran over with a plug kit one night (in the dark), slapped a plug in it, and aired it up. He called a couple days later saying it was flat again. BAH! Told him I'd be over that weekend. Sure enough, I plugged the tire, but didn't realize it had a tube in it. Pulled the whole thing off, and ran back to my garage. Found my old bicycle tube repair kit, and patched up the tube. Trimmed the plug flush to the inside of the tire, and reassembled. Ran that way for years.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Guilty!

My dad's old mower had a flat. I ran over with a plug kit one night (in the dark), slapped a plug in it, and aired it up. He called a couple days later saying it was flat again. BAH! Told him I'd be over that weekend. Sure enough, I plugged the tire, but didn't realize it had a tube in it. Pulled the whole thing off, and ran back to my garage. Found my old bicycle tube repair kit, and patched up the tube. Trimmed the plug flush to the inside of the tire, and reassembled. Ran that way for years.

Yeah, I haven't done it.....but I could have.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    having worked in a shop doing tires, F*** slime in the tires.

Lawn tractor tire? patch it and move on. or plug it if that's how you swing but I've seen many leak and had one (done by the PO) blow out of a car on the highway. the no repairing sidewalls rule doesn't apply to a 5mph top speed.

Or tube it.

Top Bottom