• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Displaying a handgun as OC is lawful, no matter what this officer thinks.
    Try telling that to some of the officers on this forum. Most have admitted that when confronted with OC they will stop the person and demand ID and LTCH.

They claim that peaceably carrying a firearm is reason to suspect a crime.

While Milwaukee may be harsh by taking people lawfully carrying to the ground. In my mind what is done here in IN is no different. Either way it is an infringement on the 2A and a blatant 4A violation.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Lots of good arguments for OC here in Indy in this thread. The WI Sheeple are so well trained that neighbors will call the cops on each other for no other reason that they see a gun. The police give a strong negative incentive for carrying a gun openly, and aggressively pounce on anyone see with a gun. That reinforces the stereotype with the sheep and it keeps everyone disarmed and in need of protection. Now that there are folks disturbing the way things are up in WI, the police will need to nip this in the bud.

How did they get to that point? They made guns invisible to the sheep so the very sight of a pistol will cause them to wet themselves. The answer to that tactic is to make sure the sheep of Indiana are used to seeing a gun on a good guy or gal's hip once in a while. We need to desensitize the masses to the sight of a gun or risk stepping towards the liberal bliss that resides northwest of us.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    It is, indeed, scary stuff. I think if I was that AG and some beat cop Barney Fife made a comment like "I don't care WHAT the AG said, I ain't doing it" after I had already made a ruling, there would be one less cop in town....just sayin'. Always gotta be ONE.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I think it's funny that people freak out about the guns they do see, but are totally comfortable with the ones the don't see.

Seems backwards to me.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I think it's funny that people freak out about the guns they do see, but are totally comfortable with the ones the don't see.

Seems backwards to me.

I find that hilarious, also. Same thing when a cop disarms someone who offers that he's armed. It makes no sense. Same thing with showering with gay guys - as long as you don't know he's gay, you can take showers with him every day, but as soon as he comes out, he's going to start leering at you.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I find that hilarious, also. Same thing when a cop disarms someone who offers that he's armed. It makes no sense. Same thing with showering with gay guys - as long as you don't know he's gay, you can take showers with him every day, but as soon as he comes out, he's going to start leering at you.

I find it hilarious to read OC proponents proclaiming they feel more threatened by guns they don't see and then in the next post proclaiming when it's them carrying their own gun it is the gun they can see that terrorizes criminals in to good behaviour.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I find it hilarious to read OC proponents proclaiming they feel more threatened by guns they don't see and then in the next post proclaiming when it's them carrying their own gun it is the gun they can see that terrorizes criminals in to good behaviour.

That's because criminals are stupid.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I've been working in this backward state since july, I cant wait to get out of this place so I can carry again. Parts of Milwaukee look no better that parts of chicago I've seen.
    I've seen a commercial on tv(political) that said something like Wis. has passed a carry permit 2x and the Govenor has vetoed it both times. Sounds like they need a new Govenor.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Several years ago, carload of Indiana LEOs were stopped for speeding in Wisconsin. Small town cop with an attitude. We were all "semi-armed" and mouthy. Wasn't pretty. Found somewhere else to fish the following year.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Same thing goes for you...can either of you explain how "fair and equal treatment" of all people in this instance is (in YOUR mind) somehow unfair or unjust?

Can YOU explain how Milwaukee police will get anything done if they're spending all their time taking each other down to determine if they have a right to carry a firearm? Remember, they said "ANYONE". Unless they're accosting every police officer in sight to ensure that they ARE police officers (and not felons in disguise), it isn't "fair and equal treatment" is it?

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I've been working in this backward state since july, I cant wait to get out of this place so I can carry again. Parts of Milwaukee look no better that parts of chicago I've seen.
    I've seen a commercial on tv(political) that said something like Wis. has passed a carry permit 2x and the Govenor has vetoed it both times. Sounds like they need a new Govenor.

That bill came very close to having enough votes the last time it was brought up for a vote. The governor would not have signed it anyway, being the liberal he is.

The most disappointing thing I heard this last time around was that the guy who drafted the bill voted against it at the last minute! Somehow, he had a change of heart.:xmad:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

Seems backwards to me.

That's my sister in a nutshell.

The Milwaukee issue is still on my mind since I have to go up there often.

Only open carry is legal in Wisconsin per the Wisconsin SC decision.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

You should work for Milwaukee PD.

Top Bottom