• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    if i am not mistaken, open carry is the only legal carry in Wisconsin. (I stand by for corrections.)

That would mean that the police have curtailed Milwaukee citizens' RKBA, and trampled on the constitution.

I do believe there was some previous court finding that concealed carry could be banned as long as some other method of carrying were available, i.e., open carry.

They are not curtailing RKBA, but are using a tactic to keep themselves safe until they have completely assessed the situation. OC is not common in Milwaukee, in fact it is not even common here but with a long period of percieved peace, whether right or wrong and against statistics, has led to this inability to comprehend why someone would "want" to carry a gun, even by the police.

If asked why I were OCing in Milwaukee, I would simply say because I am not allowed to CC, other than that, it is my unalienable right.

I went back and read the whole thing and here is what should bother you:

“From an officer’s safety point of view and a public point of view,” he said, “we’re not going to start with the assumption that someone displaying a handgun is doing it lawfully

Displaying a handgun as OC is lawful, no matter what this officer thinks.

Last edited:

Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    Biggdogg, I think that is what both of them are saying - that a legal, law-abiding OCer in Wisconsin will be treated just like a person waving a gun around in a dangerous manner. The way that I read the article, EVERYONE will be taken to the ground until the cops find out what the person is doing with a handgun even if it is holstered on their hip, which they are legally allowed to do.

:+1: to you btw for your post...didn't put that in the last message. :yesway:

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Same thing goes for you...can either of you explain how "fair and equal treatment" of all people in this instance is (in YOUR mind) somehow unfair or unjust?

Biggdogg, It's Barbara Streisand because the AG said that OC is LEGAL. Therefore, ordering someone who OC's with the proper license should NOT be ordered to the ground and forcefully disarmed. It will be interesting to see how this holds up to judicial scrutiny.

BTW, the neg rep you hit me with is Barbara Streisand as well! Thanks man, really appreciate that, especially from someone who has less than 20 posts!

Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    Biggdogg, It's Barbara Streisand because the AG said that OC is LEGAL. Therefore, ordering someone who OC's with the proper license should NOT be ordered to the ground and forcefully disarmed. It will be interesting to see how this holds up to judicial scrutiny.

BTW, the neg rep you hit me with is Barbara Streisand as well! Thanks man, really appreciate that, especially from someone who has less than 20 posts!

You are quite correct and I apologize for lumping your post in with another. I misread your post and believed that is was in response to another. Totally my fault for not paying attention.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I understand what you're saying...makes a whole lot more sense when a view is actually EXPRESSED, rather than starting to ramble and blather without having any direction towards your end goal.

Biggdogg, were you born with the inability to read in context or was it something you learned?

Ramble and baltehr? Hell, mine was neither, it was short and to the point.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    It sounds to me like Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn is opening his department and his officers up to lawsuits galore. I can tell you this much, if that were to happen to me, there would be hell to pay...

INGunGuy

Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    Biggdogg, were you born with the inability to read in context or was it something you learned?

Ramble and baltehr? Hell, mine was neither, it was short and to the point.

Did you NOT READ my last post apologizing for NOT paying attention? Obviously you must suffer from the same condition as you accuse me of having.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Did you NOT READ my last post apologizing for NOT paying attention? Obviously you must suffer from the same condition as you accuse me of having.

No, I DID NOT read your apology. Obviously, it showed up when I was too busy editing my post to keep it civil.

Apology accepted.

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009

No worry I rep you a point back:patriot:

Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    Wow, I am so glad I left that state.

Wisconsin government is just Chicago North. I remember reading in the State Journal were the Baraboo chief of police said he didn't care if OC was legal, he would find a way to arrest the person, charge them and confiscate their weapon. This was about 4 years ago and no one ever stood up to him.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I gave you both rep too. In the last few days a bunch of newbie leftie trolls have suddenly shown up. It's beginning to sound like Daily Kos or Democratic Underground on here.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Milwaukee's police chief said he'll go on telling his officers to take down anyone with a firearm despite Van Hollen's finding that people can carry guns openly if they do it peacefully.Chief Ed Flynn said officers can't assume people are carrying guns legally in a city that has seen nearly 200 homicides in the past two years.He said that means officers seeing anybody carrying a gun will put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide if the person has a right to carry it.Flynn said it's irresponsible to send a message that if someone carries a weapon openly, no one can bother them.Milwaukee-area police chiefs have a monthly meeting on Wednesday, and they're expected to discuss this issue.

Maybe I'm not the first to ask these simple question, but somebody should ask them to the Chief...

Q: How many times has the police chief seen a criminal carrying openly?

Suspected A: none.

Q: How many convicted felons know it's illegal for them to possess and/or carry a gun?

Suspected A: all.

How many criminals know it's against the law to use a gun to commit a crime?

How many criminals want to attract that kind of attention to them?

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe I'm not the first to ask these simple question, but somebody should ask them to the Chief...

Q: How many times has the police chief seen a criminal carrying openly?

Q: How many convicted felons know it's illegal for them to possess and/or carry a gun?

How many criminals know it's against the law to use a gun to commit a crime?

How many criminals want to attract that kind of attention to them?

BINGO!

Well said man!

(oh and thanks for all of the anti-troll rep guys!)

Top Bottom