• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Got online and requested two days ago. Got a call today that my free sample was on the way with a catalog to boot. Rep was very courteous and professional on the line. We'll see what it tastes like and then maybe make a buy.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Got online and requested two days ago. Got a call today that my free sample was on the way with a catalog to boot. Rep was very courteous and professional on the line. We'll see what it tastes like and then maybe make a buy.

I got that same call a few months back when I asked for my free sample. I'm still waiting for the sample to show up...

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Just be prepared for the inevitable call backs to get you to place orders. Their sales team is dedicated and they will be getting back with you.

Induz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Surprisingly the sample i ordered tasted pretty good. Dont know if that would be the case if stored several years.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I requested a sample once by phone and was told they did not send them free anymore. Called back later got someone else and was told they would send me one. Of course its cheap pasta with no meat, but gives you the idea. It is not bad stuff. Personally I think the mountain house number 10 cans are a better value, but wise gives more variety day to day. I often say in shtf situation taste and variety will not be a main concern.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think the mountain house prepared faster. The wise mostly has to be cooked longer so its not crunchy. But it's good once its ready. I like how the wise comes in individual packets so your not popping the top on a big #10 can if you only need good for one person and don't want to have to worry about spoilage. Also the wise price point is better.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I've had Mountain House, Saratoga Farms, and Wise, and I thought the Wise food tasted like crap. The Mountain House and Saratoga Farms were pretty good. I know there's a ton of different foods, and I only compared a couple of types, so take that for what it is worth.

I went with Mountain House for my primary stores.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I cooked the chili mac for to sample and let my kids try. They seemed to gobble it down with out any complaints. I had some as well, and it was OK. Comparable to the stuff you get from a can, but that soy protein is a little different.

Overall I thought it was more than adequate for survival food, but I need to try some mountain house as well.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I ordered the Wise Food sample a few days ago. They have a backpackers version that they claim tastes better than the regular, but the sales rep I talked to said it had a lower shelf life (Always a trade off). I requested the backpackers version since that's more of what I would use it for anyway. Should be interesting to see if its any better or worse than mountain house or the other backpacker foods.

Top Bottom