• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    I thought I was doing ok when I picked up a shield 9mm for around $500. It seems like that or a little more was what I was seeing them go for a little while ago. Now I'm seeing them for $430. I guess you win some and you lose some.

G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    Honey Creek Tackle in Bargarsville. I also checked on line to see what they were listed at and saw a couple for the same

ashenfang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    don't feel so bad. I picked up an AR-15 during the "AR15's are gonna get ban" scare. Paid $1400 on something worth ~$1100-1200. But hey, that was a good deal compared to what people were paying just a couple weeks after that!

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    from the title i thought you were gonna say you bought an AR for $1500!!!!! good thing you didnt do that like so many others. thank goodness a i bought mine from a great ingo member at a great price a while back.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Don't feel bad at all. The question is, could you find it in your area for $430 when you wanted it? I detest the idea of having a gun shipped to an FFL, so I don't mind paying a higher price for something that is available in my area.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I know its late now, but I paid $429 at the Outdoorsman for my wife's Shield when they were still hard to find. They'd get in about a dozen at a time, list them at $449, but would negotiate a bit with you if you asked.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    MSRP is only $449. $400-430 one would think would be normal, as the pricing was when they initially came out.
    Hard to tell now days with the questionable practices of modern day flippers/gougers/traders amongst us.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    USDS sells them for $439 when they have them, but I know cash is king there so you might do a little better.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Certified pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]1911 Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    USDS sells them for $439 when they have them, but I know cash is king there so you might do a little better.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Certified pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]1911 Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

I approve of this message ;)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Get used to it. This is always going to happen. But a stereo, TV, washing machine, dishwasher, whatever. A week or so later, you'll find it for less.
    Get the best deal you can, and then don't worry about it.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Yep, you also gotta count tax, gas, travel time etc. I bought an XDS with a whole bunch of ammo and paid just a hair of retail. However, if you counted tax, gas and travel I did okay. Anyway, like someone else said I wanted it.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I thought I was doing ok when I picked up a shield 9mm for around $500. It seems like that or a little more was what I was seeing them go for a little while ago. Now I'm seeing them for $430. I guess you win some and you lose some.

You did the best you could with the info you had at the time.
    There was no way to predict the future, and anti 2nd Amendment tyrants were trying to pass as many more gun laws as they could.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    my lgs which happens to be Indiana's gun shop of the year. always has prices below msrp and for the price you see online on davidsons or gunbroker. even with shipping and fees Bradis is always within $5 or cheaper. plus it's always better dealing local and getting to talk to the people there. everyone there always takes the time to make you feel welcome, never rushed, and to me most important not ignorant.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom