• ...and so much more!
  • flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Had scan when broke a rib this year. They found some nodules and wanted to wait 1 year to see what they do. Going to get another scan done with-in the next few weeks which will be about the 7 months mark. It sucks waiting.
    Thoughts and prayers with you John.

Bob

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I'm sure that kind of news is very jarring. You're doing the right thing by trying to keep your chin up. We'll all be hoping and praying for you to get a favorable report on the biopsy. Medical science can do much more than just a few years back too. I'll be sending prayers for you .

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Thanks again. Let's see, this is what they found: emphysema-like lung damage, enlarged heart, and a big ol nodule with irregular margins that's going to get a biopsy.
    Trying to stay positive but ...

At least now you have an idea what's going on and they can have a plan. When my 1st wife found out she had cancer, she said ok fine , now what are we going to do to kick it's ****ing ass? She's been clean since 1995 as far I know. No ****ing fear! Replace it with faith.

Bob

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Thanks again. Let's see, this is what they found: emphysema-like lung damage, enlarged heart, and a big ol nodule with irregular margins that's going to get a biopsy.
    Trying to stay positive but ...

Better than nodule with enlarged mediastinal lymph nodes. I'm guessing bones were just an X-ray technique problem. Just curious, were you a long time smoker? Good luck with things. The beauty of my job is getting to see so many people who USED TO have cancer. Hopefully this isn't though. Are they setting up biopsy next week?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Thanks again, feeling a little more hopeful this evening. Kinda funny, most of my life I've had very few health issues outside of injuries, now the last 2 years its just been one thing after another. Oh well.

Better than nodule with enlarged mediastinal lymph nodes. I'm guessing bones were just an X-ray technique problem. Just curious, were you a long time smoker? Good luck with things. The beauty of my job is getting to see so many people who USED TO have cancer. Hopefully this isn't though. Are they setting up biopsy next week?

Not a smoker, gave it up better than 20 years ago. I'm hoping that part of the reason they're having problems with the nodule is that if it is cancerous, it is in a very early stage and easily treatable. Don't have a definite time for the biopsy, they are supposed to get it scheduled and let me know first thing Monday.
    My bones are on the thin side, got a -1.4 on the density test.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I just saw this thread for the first time, but I am adding you to my prayer list as well. Praying they caught this early and you have many more years to enjoy being here with your family and friends.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I had a friend that had the same thing (his name is John as well). He thought he had pneumonia and found out that he had a large tumor in one of his lungs. They prepped him for emergency surgery and removed his lung. Turned out it was a non-aggressive form of cancer he had for years (he was 38 at the time) and it just slowly grew. He had his six month eval last month and everything was fine. Praying for the same for you. And that shotgun of yours is still keeping me safe.

Top Bottom