• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Read this article... I was all ready to applaud this legislator until I got to this part:

She showed off the laser sighting by pointing the red beam at the reporter's chest. The gun has no safety, she said, but there was no need to worry.
    "I just didn't have my hand on the trigger," she said.

Guns in Arizona: Legislator's gun highlights debate

godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-12453844351.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That's what we need a Mo-ron politician that aims at a reporter's chest and says its okay because she didn't have her "hand" on the trigger. I usually just use a finger myself.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Isn't that a felony?

Under Indiana law, assuming it was loaded, yes. In GWR it is just how they say hello.:D Yeeeeeeeeeehaw!

IC 35-47-4-3
    Pointing firearm at another person
    Sec. 3. (a) This section does not apply to a law enforcement officer who is acting within the scope of the law enforcement officer's official duties or to a person who is justified in using reasonable force against another person under:
    (1) IC 35-41-3-2; or
    (2) IC 35-41-3-3.
    (b) A person who knowingly or intentionally points a firearm at another person commits a Class D felony. However, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the firearm was not loaded.

It is also not a felony for law enforcement to point a loaded gun at a coffee-laden yuppie.

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    The reporter doesn't sound too much brighter.

Quote:

Ruelas, in his TV interview, said it did not occur to him at the time that his life might have been in danger.
    "I didn't know that the gun did not have a safety,'' he said.
    "So I figured she must know what she's doing,'' Ruelas continued. "She wouldn't recklessly point a gun at me, so I did not feel in any danger.''

AZ lawmaker says pointing gun at reporter wasn't deliberate - East Valley Tribune: Arizona

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't think AZ has the "pointing" law, but they do have:
    13-1201. Endangerment; classification
    A. A person commits endangerment by recklessly endangering another person with a substantial risk of imminent death or physical injury.
    B. Endangerment involving a substantial risk of imminent death is a class 6 felony. In all other cases, it is a class 1 misdemeanor.

Top Bottom