Without the Internet, I'm not sure I would've gotten into firearms.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Doesn't anyone remember waiting for the "Trader" to come out on I think it was Wednesday. then at lunch going to the nearest gas station/convenience store to buy one.

Quickly perusing the gun listings and frantically calling someone about one you wanted to buy on your lunch hour. Only to find out it was sold :(

Man those were the days, then this interweb thing came along and took out most of the fun of buying used guns.

Oh well, at least there is still Armslist :rolleyes:

BobG23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2016
    KFWA
    I never owned a gun before 1995, was never into owning any more guns until 2016.
    The internet was central to my research for purchases.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Doesn't anyone remember waiting for the "Trader" to come out on I think it was Wednesday. then at lunch going to the nearest gas station/convenience store to buy one.

Quickly perusing the gun listings and frantically calling someone about one you wanted to buy on your lunch hour. Only to find out it was sold :(

Man those were the days, then this interweb thing came along and took out most of the fun of buying used guns.

Oh well, at least there is still Armslist :rolleyes:

Hear hear!!! I remember my father bringing the "Trader" home on Wednesdays... Good stuff.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I got my first gun several decades before Al Gore invented the internet. The world wasn't so wide, just a few blocks, and a web was the domain of spiders. I have more than a few guns now and the internet has played very little part in the purchases. I have used the 'net for research but have never ordered a gun online. A couple of private purchases/sales have been arranged via INGO and one AR upper was ordered from White Oak Armament. I don't count those.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    The internet definitely helped me too. In my early days of gun ownership I had a Marlin Papoose 22lr and a Winchester 30/30. When I was looking to get my first handgun I was steered away from Glocks by all the haters and settled with an early Springfield xd9. Hated it. I was also told I didn't need an AR 15 :D

Now, thanks to the internet and good people I'm Glock and AR-15 strong and never looking back.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    For me, it was when they were trying to pass the assault weapons ban. I had a .22 rifle then that was a gift but never really cared about them until they told me I couldn't have one. :)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    For me, it was when they were trying to pass the assault weapons ban. I had a .22 rifle then that was a gift but never really cared about them until they told me I couldn't have one. :)

I bought my first AR then. At first, why would I spend that money. Then, They Can't Tell Me What Not To Buy!
    Now I have three.

Jokes on them.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I bought my first AR then. At first, why would I spend that money. Then, They Can't Tell Me What Not To Buy!
    Now I have three.

Jokes on them.
    I bought two ARs when Clinton got elected, but they are long since gone.
    I would have to agree, the internet has played a major role in the guns I've purchased in the past 10 years.

Top Bottom