• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I thought there was a thread discussing how woke BS in the military had hurt recruiting, but I couldn't find it... :dunno:

Anyway, saw this article this morning:

Personally, I don't think changing the marketing by itself is going to fix recruiting issues. The military has gone completely woke and the problem is everyone knows it. I don't care how good the commercials are, that doesn't change the insane policies once you actually get in. Until and unless woke ideology is purged from the military and the government as a whole, I don't think recruitment is going to increase.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

5 second search. That is the result. I did not even bother clicking the second page of results.

I agree, changing the marketing is not going to undue the damage.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    First step is to get the nutbag Leftists out of power, then we can start purging the woke garbage from our government and military. Then we might actually get people to join up again. At this point, too much damage has been done that is still going on. I did my time in the military, but if I were high school age now I certainly wouldn't be looking to join up. No way.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The wokeness is certainly detrimental to recruiting as a whole, I would think. I don't think 20 year occupation of middle east countries only to cut and run helps much either. Throw in some loosely defined "wars" like we have with Russia and presumably soon enough with China, I'd say the military will be fighting to maintain solid recruiting numbers.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The wokeness is certainly detrimental to recruiting as a whole, I would think. I don't think 20 year occupation of middle east countries only to cut and run helps much either. Throw in some loosely defined "wars" like we have with Russia and presumably soon enough with China, I'd say the military will be fighting to maintain solid recruiting numbers.
    It is not just the military.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I thought there was a thread discussing how woke BS in the military had hurt recruiting, but I couldn't find it... :dunno:

Anyway, saw this article this morning:

Personally, I don't think changing the marketing by itself is going to fix recruiting issues. The military has gone completely woke and the problem is everyone knows it. I don't care how good the commercials are, that doesn't change the insane policies once you actually get in. Until and unless woke ideology is purged from the military and the government as a whole, I don't think recruitment is going to increase.
    My boys served 8 years each, both disliked the woke garbage and got out. Both were going to make a career in the Army until they had the woke doctrine shoved down their throats.

Trump didn't change anything and we are where we are now.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2016
    Boffa
    As someone who recently got out of active duty, I can tell you I don't think this stuff has as nearly big of an impact on retainment. Pay isnt great and operation tempo runs guys into the dirt. This is from the Marine Corps side, which is probably better than the Army side.

Recruiting has always been an issue, and with no GWOT going on, there isn't really a draw. There's a lot of jaded views going on to. Kids growing up saw us fight a war that resulted in nothing. 18 year olds just saw the disaster of HKIA and how a country we fought in for 20 years collapsed in record time.

When the threat of China actually grows to a point that an emergency is presenting itself, I think our recruitment would uptick significantly. As of right now, you join for sub par pay and no combat.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    As someone who recently got out of active duty, I can tell you I don't think this stuff has as nearly big of an impact on retainment. Pay isnt great and operation tempo runs guys into the dirt. This is from the Marine Corps side, which is probably better than the Army side.

Recruiting has always been an issue, and with no GWOT going on, there isn't really a draw. There's a lot of jaded views going on to. Kids growing up saw us fight a war that resulted in nothing. 18 year olds just saw the disaster of HKIA and how a country we fought in for 20 years collapsed in record time.

When the threat of China actually grows to a point that an emergency is presenting itself, I think our recruitment would uptick significantly. As of right now, you join for sub par pay and no combat.
    So you all didn't have to endure hours of sensitivity training explaining how to treat a pregnant male in the showering with you, and other idiotic woke ideals?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Kind of getting off topic, but the thing that has surprised me is just how small the Army is in the first place.

The thread on the adoption of the new rifle alerted me to the fact that they are only purchasing 120,000 rifles to equip the entire Army. I'm more up on military history than the current force, so that number truly shocked me. I'm used to seeing Civil War weapons purchase numbers that large just for the cavalry. Infantry muskets were well over a million. That was for a nation 1/10th our current population.

Back on topic, when my son graduated high school a few years ago he didn't know anybody that was joining the military. Very few of his friends went to college either, but no one joined the military.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    So you all didn't have to endure hours of sensitivity training explaining how to treat a pregnant male in the showering with you, and other idiotic woke ideals?

I havent heard either of my sons talk about really much woke crap with their years in the MC. Maybe a Batallion speech once a month or so. They tended to see that its happening on tv.
    My #2 had a gay young man in his Platoon. Nobody cared at all, hes a Infantry Grunt Brother just like the rest of them.
    In my time spent on Bases in the last six years the only alt lifestyle i have seen is loads of lesbians serving in the MC.
    My #1 is a lifer and #2 didnt reinlist at the end of his four years. Hes been out about 11 months now and the biggest reason he got out was his paycheck.
    Working where he is in 10 months he has made more already than he did in the four years before serving our Country. And tax free at that.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Kind of getting off topic, but the thing that has surprised me is just how small the Army is in the first place.

The thread on the adoption of the new rifle alerted me to the fact that they are only purchasing 120,000 rifles to equip the entire Army. I'm more up on military history than the current force, so that number truly shocked me. I'm used to seeing Civil War weapons purchase numbers that large just for the cavalry. Infantry muskets were well over a million. That was for a nation 1/10th our current population.

Back on topic, when my son graduated high school a few years ago he didn't know anybody that was joining the military. Very few of his friends went to college either, but no one joined the military.

That amount of rifles will eventually go to frontline and active battalions that already rotate for active/ combat deployments.
    There are more in the rear with the gear, than grunts up in the front.

Did your son enlist?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    That amount of rifles will eventually go to frontline and active battalions that already rotate for active/ combat deployments.
    There are more in the rear with the gear, than grunts up in the front.

Did your son enlist?

No. He was actually afraid that I would be disapointed that he didn't, considering my interest in the military. However, I was greatly relieved that he didn't. Loving military history doesn't necessarily translate into wanting to be a part of it, it can also lead one to be all too well aware of the cost.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom