• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bronson3304

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    kokomo
    Is there any major difference between primers like wolf and Tula and primers like Cci and wenchester?

My apologies, the auto correct on my phone changed the title from cci to cfo

Last edited:

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Depends on the application. I have used Wolf primers for practice loads for years with no issues. I do have loads that I have worked up to special specifications that require a specific primer to gain the desired result.

bronson3304

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    kokomo
    I have only used a few of the wolf primers. They all fired but I wasn't sure if they were dirtier or hotter. Was just kinda wondering if there was a difference.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I have only used a few of the wolf primers. They all fired but I wasn't sure if they were dirtier or hotter. Was just kinda wondering if there was a difference.

There is a difference in every primer brand. Some primers just work better with some powders. Some primers just work better in some calibers. If I am loading for target or plinking Wolf is fine for me. If I an loading for something serious, I will likely use something else.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    All else being the same, there is no appreciable difference in chrono results between Wolf and Winchester in 9mm and 38 Super.

My gut feeling regarding issues some have had with Wolf is that they require a good strike and must be fully seated.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I have about 20,000 various sizes of Wolf on the shelf right now and have gone though that many shooting. I had one issue that could be traced to the primer. The anvil had fallen out and I missed it when I loaded it.

No, in every load I run now, handgun to rifle and back again, they get Wolf. Even my self defense loads.

FWIW

bronson3304

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    kokomo
    Thanks skip. That's exactly the info I was looking for. The wolf and Tula are a little less expensive. Just didn't know if there was a quality difference.

Top Bottom