• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I never got much into comic books, but I've watched Hugh Jackman bring Wolverine to life for the past 16 years and have grown quite attached to his character.

This will be the last time we see him played by Hugh Jackman and the last appearance of Patrick Stewart as Xavier.

Knowing all this, combined with the Johnny Cash version of 'Hurt' really made for a powerful trailer. Check it out:

[video=youtube;Div0iP65aZo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Div0iP65aZo[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wow.

The stories coming out of Marvel, and I'll even say the Star Wars franchise, are really compelling.

And that's from a non-comic book geek.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Wow.

The stories coming out of Marvel, and I'll even say the Star Wars franchise, are really compelling.

And that's from a non-comic book geek.

Yes, they certainly are. This one is a bit of a departure, though. Seems to stand alone. More character-driven, more passion. And R-Rated so we should hopefully see Wolverine make a real last stand.

It reminds me of movies like man on fire, leon, the man from nowhere... but with a character we already know and love. And since it's his last time in the role, they can take it in any direction they want.

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    Looks like it may be a good movie, but I won't pay to see it. I only support actors/actresses who support what I believe in, and Hugh Jackman has been on the record of supporting gun control and standing with the group "Everytown for Gun Safety".

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Looks like it may be a good movie, but I won't pay to see it. I only support actors/actresses who support what I believe in, and Hugh Jackman has been on the record of supporting gun control and standing with the group "Everytown for Gun Safety".

He's not even an American citizen. He can run off at the mouth all he wants. If something is entertaining I'll watch it regardless of their stances. If I boycotted every actor that I disagreed with, I'd be left watching paint dry. And if you want to take your theory further, I doubt there's a movie studio that employs these actors that isn't headed by people with the same opinion. Hollywood is quite liberal.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    So I'm gonna get with a couple friends and watch the whole X-Men movie series before this arrives in theaters.

I can't decide if we should watch them in chronological order or in the order they were released.

Thoughts?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Chronologically by story. Then there's the additional fun of continuity issues. :D

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Oh boy. I bet you're fun at parties.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He's not even an American citizen. He can run off at the mouth all he wants. If something is entertaining I'll watch it regardless of their stances. If I boycotted every actor that I disagreed with, I'd be left watching paint dry. And if you want to take your theory further, I doubt there's a movie studio that employs these actors that isn't headed by people with the same opinion. Hollywood is quite liberal.

Bingo.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    This comment deserves a rep .

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka

Probably the best post ever. I'll be watching it.

Top Bottom